Applications Support - Regulatory & Compliance
As one of the main technology HUBS For EMEA the scope of work in Bournemouth is truly remarkable, we are at the forefront of innovation within the financial services industry and are pioneering the use of cutting edge technologies.
This role is to be a member of the technology support team for the global Regulatory & Compliance application suite, assisting with the migration of the suite to the public cloud.
The criticality of these applications continues to intensify as the internal and external regulatory reporting landscape expands leading to the need for a big data solution. This role will have responsibility for facing off to EMEA users challenged by MIFID whilst partnering with the other regions to ensure seamless global coverage.
Whilst the compliance knowledge can be learned, the successful candidate will be expected to already possess the required technical proficiency to be able to work independently on technology support.
With the increasing focus on compliance and regulations this is an opportunity for someone to become an expert on supporting big data applications in the public cloud and in the regulatory landscape as it changes under MIFID.
· Provide day-to-day technical expertise and operational support to obtain highest degrees of production stability for the Regulatory and Compliance applications.
· Work in a devops environment with the Application Development (AD) teams to automate and modernize the application suite.
· Help in designing improvements in application and cloud deployment in partnership AD to improve reliability, stability and capacity management.
· Help monitor and improve monitoring of the application suite and proactively fix potential issues.
· Translate production issues into technical defects and work on defect management.
· Manage production technology incidents to resolution, ensuring timely engagement, escalation and effective communication to business, technology and vendor partners.
· Engage with project teams through the project life, more towards go-live to ensure successful delivery.
· Experience in production support
· Good analytical and problem solving skills
· Experience in supporting trading applications a plus
· Working knowledge of SQL and stored procedures
· Working knowledge of UNIX (experience with Linux preferred)
· Working knowledge of FIX
· Strong software and business systems design, analysis, development and support skill preferred
· Public cloud experience will be an advantage
· Ability to handle multiple competing tasks in an ordered manner, prioritizing to ensure business deliverables are met even under stressful situations
· Exhibit leadership behaviour which supports the business and technology goals through creative thinking and strong problem management
· Trading system knowledge also desirable
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
The hiring manager for this job opening would be willing to have a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement. The hiring manager is not committing to offering this, just highlighting an openness to having the conversation.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.