- Big Data Engineer – Hadoop – Front Office Athena
- London (United Kingdom)
Big Data Engineer – Hadoop – Front Office AthenaBig Data Engineer – Hadoop – Front Office Athena
Athena is J.P. Morgan's cross-market risk management and trading system that provides functionality for traders, salespeople and operations staff globally. It is used in our foreign exchange, fixed income, credit and commodities businesses. Athena includes a globally replicated object-oriented database, a powerful dependency graph and a fully integrated stack across pricing, risk and trading tools. The code is a combination of Python and C++: C++ for speed, and Python for flexibility and rapid but controlled releases.
You will join theFX and Commodities front office technology team who are looking for developers to work on the build out of BigData and Stream processing systems to take trade, pricing and risk data from our Front Office risk management system (Athena) and feeding it downstream for further processing in our BigData platforms from which results may be fed back upstream. This is a chance for you to deliver a greenfield project for one of the most successful investment banks in the world, with opportunities to help define and own the future state architecture and approach exciting problems from the ground up.
· Applied development experience in one or more of object oriented languages such as Python, Java, C++, C#
· Appreciation of challenges involved in serialization, data modelling and schema migration
· Good communication skills
· A passion for Big Data technologies and Data in general
· Numerate degree or equivalent (Computer Science , Engineering, Finance, Mathematics)
· Understanding of derivatives(Swaps, Options, Forwards). Concepts around pricing, risk management and modelling of derivatives.
· Experience in stream processing (Kafka), serialization (Avro) and BigData (Hadoop) platforms
· Experience with object oriented programming using Python
· Experience with Java and or Scala
About JPMorgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.2 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its J.P. Morgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.