Application Support - Associate
Closing date – 22 May 2018
The Grid Computing Support Engineer is responsible for the operation and integration support of the Compute BackBone as part of the Compute Backbone Service Reliability Engineering and Operate team (CBB) Development, UAT, Disaster Recovery, and Production environments (24 x7 with an SLA of 5 nines uptime). The Bournemouth team will work closely with the global CBB support teams to ensure high standards of support are maintained and in some cases adapted for users of each service. The Support Engineers (SE) are expected to establish new client relationships (internal) while maintaining existing local relationships.
The team is also responsible for the onboarding & integration of CBB services to new groups within JPMorgan Chase.
CBB focuses on the integration and operation of grid computing solutions across several Line Of Businesses. The SE will work with developers, architects, system administrators, and Database Administrators (DBA) to support the construction and implementation of open source and commercial products used within the CBB. These solutions will involve the integration of various disparate systems with a variety of APIs.
The core technology currently in use by CBB is Symphony (Platform), LSF (Platform) and Apache Spark, along with a host of secondary components and integration elements including Apache Cassandra. Most important is an interest in problem solving, diagnosis and enhancing tools to streamline and limit support burden in the future.
A solid grounding in the full lifecycle of application development and in particular the supporting elements that enable and enhance the integration of disparate systems is important for the job, particularly Unix, Linux, Windows, Python,
TCP/IP, Networking, Monitoring, SVN, GIT, as well as a variety of supporting tools. Flexibility and the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new systems is key, and familiarity with Open Source solutions is a big plus.
A working knowledge of Java and how to operate and tune its runtime performance is important. Exposure to Grid Computing solutions such as Symphony (Platform) and Apache Spark is beneficial as well as Apache Cassandra. The ability to learn new technologies quickly in a self-driven manner is critical. Exposure and understanding of cloud architecture and APIs is a bonus because CBB is already bursting to run workload on AWS.
· Supports the day-to-day maintenance of the application systems in operation, including tasks related to identifying and troubleshooting application and data issues and issues resolution or escalation
· Develops deep analytical thinking using root cause analysis, management communication and client relationship management in partnership with Infrastructure Support team members
· Collaborates to ensures all production changes are made in accordance with lifecycle methodology and risk guidelines
· Exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance
· Design work (Design means a tailored design in order to meet a specific client request) or Programming (Programming means writing original
· programs using computer code that is intended for use on a wide scale basis)
· Proficient in application development skills for more than one technology as well as multiple design techniques
· Working proficiency in development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
· Working proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages
· In-depth knowledge of the business(es) supported and the applications utilized
· Develops a mindset for risk and control compliance to departmental and company wide standards
· Works within standards of financial control and budget
· Executes a client centric environment for teams and contributors
· Manages risk and control compliance to departmental and company wide standards
· Ensures adherence to financial control and budget
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran
We offer highly competitive benefits including pension, bonus scheme, private medical for you and your family, as well as the freedom to innovate, continuous technology training, global collaboration and career mobility.