As one of the main technology HUBS For EMEA the scope of work in Bournemouth is truly remarkable, we are at the forefront of innovation within the financial services industry and are pioneering the use of cutting edge technologies.
This role provides the opportunity to be part of the Production Management Team in support of global applications. The team leverages tools to proactively monitor the health of the applications and infrastructure – ensuring processes are running, feeds are processing, jobs and critical dependencies are being executed, and ensuring all business functionality and support requirements are met. A successful Production Management team member needs to possess technology savvy, business acumen, and internal customer service skills to manage changing priorities and demands.
· Support global applications and critical processing within the production environment, including an extensive and practical understanding of the applications and related interdependencies.
· Foster effective relationships with globally distributed support teams and business users.
· Maintain and manage application and infrastructure availability with resiliency discipline, with inherent capability to perform complex issue investigation and resolution across a wide range of applications.
· Perform timely escalation of critical production environment incidents and proactively identify patterns of recurring incidents to improve service capabilities.
· Develop and utilize core tools and processes to perform daily function whilst improving day to day practices for the global CIB Production Management group.
· Perform day-to-day production support to maximize system availability and correct operation, diagnose issues, with ownership of problems to resolution.
· Support application release deployment activities into the production environment.
· Develop strong relationships with resolver teams, application development teams, and other upstream and downstream support teams.
· Develop technical expertise in technology and associated applications to understand the end to end transaction flows of applications across the production domain.
· Develop, document, and maintain best practice policies to ensure knowledge retention and continuous learning within team with a view to developing production management knowledge and skills by sharing experiences and attending relevant training.
· Participate in incident and crisis management events, supporting resolution activities and providing regular status updates to business users and define/track remediation actions to close.
· Participate in a support shift rotation to ensure adequate global business support coverage. This includes weekend support.
· Experience working in a support capacity in a time sensitive environment,
· Familiarity with Enterprise-scale Unix and Windows Operating system environments.
· Financial institution experience or exposure a plus.
We offer highly competitive benefits including pension, bonus scheme, private medical for you and your family, as well as the freedom to innovate, continuous technology training, global collaboration and career mobility.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
The hiring manager for this job opening would be willing to have a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement. The hiring manager is not committing to offering this, just highlighting an openness to having the conversation.