Java Software Engineer - Market Risk
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $1.1 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMorgan, Chase and Bank One brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the
United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
Work within the Equity Market Risk Technology Team to build out the Equities Risk Management and reporting suite used by the Risk Office. Involved in the full development lifecycle working directly with the business and other technology teams to capture requirements, design and develop application solutions, testing and support.Crucially, this role will give you the opportunity to sit alongside the Market Risk stakeholders, with daily client interaction and requirements gathering, and make a valued contribution to that business. As well as the high level of business exposure, this role will also give you the opportunity to work onthe next generationMarket Risk platform and shape the future state of J.P. Morgan’s Risk management systems.
· Work directly with the Front Office based Quantitative Research and Market Risk teams and other technology teams to articulate new technology requirements and solve business problems
· Develop specific enhancements and/or build new applications to fulfil business objectives related to new business requirements
· Work closely with other technology teams to ensure the changes are made if those changes are required in other systems
· Ensure technology solutions meet requirements, are robust and supportable
· Where appropriate, define the development plan and milestones and ensure delivery in line with plan
· Perform unit and integration testing to ensure the quality of delivered solutions
· Document release procedures and Support notes for your products
· Provide support for any issues encountered by business users in daily usage of your application
Required Skills and Qualifications
· Java – must be proficient
· Transact-SQL (T-SQL) – must be proficient
· Sybase ASE or Sybase IQ – either of these a significant plus
· Unix Scripting – required to basic standard
· Disciplined approach to code management and automated build, testing and deployment practices
· Proactive and self-motivated with a positive attitude.
· Excellent team-working and communication skills.
· Experience of a project life-cycle, including breaking requirements down into technical deliverables and estimating the work required.
· Knowledge of Equity Derivative products and some understanding of Market Risk
· SAP Sybase IQ & ASE
· Spring Framework & Spring Boot
· Cloud eg Cloud Foundry
· REST APIs
· Maven & Jenkins