As one of the main technology HUBS For EMEA the scope of work in Bournemouth is truly remarkable, we are at the forefront of innovation within the financial services industry and are pioneering the use of cutting edge technologies.
The development group for a card authorization application is currently seeking a quality conscious, technical and analytical person to function as an Application Developer.
You will provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing applications within mature technology environments. You will utilize structured programming methodologies and languages (COBOL85 and others) and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation.
· Actively participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution.
· Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; provide input to information/data flow; and understand and comply with Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps.
· Adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications.
· Document the detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop/enhance software application modules.
· Undertake code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues; participate in production support activities; and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation.
· Ability to translate business requirements into functional requirements documentation.
· Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills coupled with a strong work ethic
· Experience with full development lifecycle from inception through implementation.
· Experience with Tandem COBOL, SCOBOL in a HP NonStop environment
· Experience with development, deployment, and support of large-scale distributed applications in a mission-critical production environment.
· Test-infected attitude (strong desire to perform thorough and exhaustive unit, integration and system testing).
· Knowledge of Debit Card applications and banking payment channels is a plus.
· Knowledge of Version and Revision control practices and procedures.
We offer highly competitive benefits including pension, bonus scheme, private medical for you and your family, as well as the freedom to innovate, continuous technology training, global collaboration and career mobility.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.