Agile Coach/Scrum Master
Glasgow Technology Centre
Purpose of role
The purpose of this role is to be the Agile Coach/Scrum Master working across two agile teams for the J.P. Morgan Markets (JPMM) group that develops solutions for the Investment Bank’s client facing web platform.
What sets this role apart?
In this role, the candidate would be the first dedicated Agile Coach/Scrum Master within the JPMM development group. Working across two agile teams the candidate will lead and coach the teams as they work towards greater agile maturity. All team members are based in Glasgow.
By being our first dedicated Agile Coach/Scrum Master you will be able to help mould the future of our development methodology both in Glasgow and also across our global team.
You would be joining a team that’s culture is centred around quality and best practice. We are autonomous and empowered to make changes to process to make sure we’re building the right software in the right way.
· You will act as the Agile Coach/Scrum Master for two teams with a focus on guiding teams towards improving the way they work.
· You need to have previous experience as a Agile Coach/Scrum Master for at least three years for a software development team.
· Ideally, you will have experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
To be successful in this role you will be able to display the following:
· Acting as a servant leader and leading by example to influence team members to seek and -embrace incremental change that increases team performance.
· Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency promoting delivery of business value.
· Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team and stakeholders to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
· Teaching and coaching application developers to adopt Continuous Delivery practices such as Test-Driven Development, Specification by Example, Story Mapping, and other Lean/Agile Modelling Techniques
· Identifying and implementing agile metrics to measure a team’s Agility and then use those measures to help guide a team forward
· Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining and managing the product backlog.
· Liaise between the developers and User Experience/Visual Designers. Foster better communication between the disciplines.
· Acting as an Agile ambassador for the organization; exhibiting a deep-passion for continuous learning and seeking to provide knowledge gained throughout the entire organization
· Working with organizational leadership and teams to change and adjust organizational design to promote self-organizing teams within an enterprise environment.
· Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Continuous Deployments, Pairing, Automated Testing
· Understand other processes and methodologies, be able to can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise.