Transport & Logistics Intern
Location: London, UK
Department: Transport & Logistics
Length of Internship: 6 Months
Working hours: 09:00 – 17:30 incl.1 Hour Lunch break
Salary: approx. €500/£430 a month
Expected Start date: May 2017
Possibility of future employment: Yes
AT A GLANCE:
Do you want to come on board? As an Intercruises Intern, you will be part of a young and motivated multinational team and involved directly in our day-to-day business and current projects. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player, who can work well under pressure and stick to strict deadlines. The role varies from day to day and will allow you to interact with other departments/services within the company, as well as our external clients. You will have direct first hand involvement in the planning and overseeing of our transportation services for all Shore Excursion operations
• Planning shore excursion transport requirements & needs in line with all client recommendations and requests across the UK & Ireland
• Sourcing, updating and confirmation of all transportation services with suppliers in relations to client needs.
• Booking of transportation services with suppliers.
• Handling of administrative tasks related to the role.
• Maintenance and updating of in house systems/database.
• Assist with the creation of profitability reports and preparation/distribution of invoices, for all services provided.
• Offer support to any department within the company - providing advice and information as required.
• Assist in conducting risk assessments on all transportation suppliers.
• Filing, archiving and other ad hoc office duties.
• Data entry
• Opportunity to occasionally work port side.
• Currently enrolled in a Master programme in Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality, Shipping and Logistics or related. Advanced BA students may also be considered.
• You are willing to dedicate at least 6 months to your internship
• High level of written and spoken English. All other languages are a bonus.
• Organized and with a high sense of responsibility
• Customer service attitude and passion for service excellence.
• Good communication skills – professional telephone manner
• Willingness to learn and be proactive. A positive attitude is a must.
• Like working as part of a team.
Other valuable experience/skills:
• Microsoft office user. Good Excel skills are desirable.
• Quick thinker, fast learner.
• Motivation to learn and develop your career in the travel industry.