About the job
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
· Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
· Assist with heavy manual lifting at times.
· Be able lift, sit, stand, walk for periods of time.
· Co-operative team player with great communication skills.
· Be a dynamic, action oriented team player that is self-motivated and confident in making independent decisions. A clear understanding of, and a passion for IKEA values and principles.
· Physical/Mental Demands (essential functions): Ability to multitask in a fast paced warehouse environment .
· LF Forklift license with previous high reach experience (essential for LF Forklift positions). About the job:
The IKEA Warehouse is growing and growing. We are now looking for our newest talent to help us continue on our journey! If you thought our stores were big, wait until you see our new warehouse in Marsden Park. You will join our Customer Distribution Centre (CDC) team and fulfil the order demands of our customers directly through our e-commerce platform.Flexibility to work Monday to Sunday as a part of your ordinary contracted hours is a must! You must also be able to work every second weekend (Saturday and Sunday). The trade off? 5 Weeks Annual Leave per anniversary year.
The CDC roles are physical and may require repetitive lifting of flat packs.
About the assignment:
· Assume major responsibility for inbound/outbound, block/storage, picking, packing, labelling and checking orders within e-commerce.
· Properly handle, pack and process all inbound/outbound merchandise.
· Secure merchandise properly to allow for safe movement through the distribution centre.
· Ensure merchandise quality and accuracy is maintained for customer delivery.
· Verify articles received against corresponding paperwork. Note any discrepancies to ensure 100% inventory accuracy.
· Remove and properly document all damages found or caused on inbound/outbound merchandise.
· Properly store/stage all pallets in assigned locations.
· Maintain a clean and safe work area in all locations within the distribution centre.
· Contribute to an environment where IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers.
· Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as assigned.
· Work Location: high volume, fast paced warehouse.