About the job
ABOUT THE JOB As a goods flow co-worker you contribute to the store replenishment process each day before the store opens. You need to be able to think and act efficiently and safely to ensure a smooth goods flow operation that results in the right products being available to customers. You achieve this using your knowledge of working the IKEA way, and the experience and expertise of your colleagues.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT Your tasks will include:
· handling goods, e.g. unloading, internal transportation in the store, replenishing stock, picking goods from the warehouse for handing out to customers, using the correct equipment in a safe and efficient way to minimise damage to stock and equipment.
· working together with your colleagues to keep the store fully stocked with the right goods for the store opening.
· working proactively to maintain the safety and security of your areas of responsibility for customers and colleagues.
· working together with your colleagues to improve the shopping experience of customers in order to generate more sales.
· implementing agreed processes, working methods and procedures, including IT systems and techniques. YOUR PROFILE Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
· You are enthusiastic about work and working with others in a team.
· You are able to prioritise and organise your own work to make efficient use of time.
· You have good personal discipline, a flexible approach to work and enjoy change.
· You like to take initiative.
· You are able to work during the early hours of the day. GROWING TOGETHER IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
Additional Information :
It is essential that goodsflow co-workers can work between the hours of 22:00 and 20:00.
Preferred candidate will be Fork Lift trained, or willing to be trained, must be computer literate and enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
Before applying candidates must be aware that they will receive 1 in 4 weekends off.