Purpose of the role
· The role will be primarily responsible to perform the financial accounting, support, and related analysis for a group of owned/managed hotels and corporate entities through the coordination of accounting and finance functions with India BSC. This also include the preparing Bank Reconciliation and performing treasury functions for managed hotels, owned hotels and corporate bank accounts.
Your day to day
· Prepare Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliation.
· Perform daily matching and posting of journal/XT and issue of unmatched report.
· Timely follow-ups and corrective action on open items in reconciliation.
· Uploading Bank reconciliation in ARM.
· Preparation of daily/monthly cash flows and bank balance reports.
· Perform treasury functions – Wire transfer, intercompany settlement journals and monitor bank balances.
· Oversee, coach, train, give direction and support to the associates and act as an advisor to them.
· Serve as first point of contact to all stakeholders.
· Complete control checks for SOX and Audit to ensure complete compliance and ensure team adheres to IHG Treasury Policies and procedures.
· Oversees the month-end close processes to ensure timely and accurate completion.
· Supervise team in absence of Team Leader/Assistant Manager.
· Maintain a consistent, high quality customer-focused orientation by communicating with customer to obtain all required information to determine and address their specific needs.
· Executing all deliverables per agreed timeline and process metric targets are achieved.
· SOP and Process documents are updated as per timeliness.
· Team Lead/Assistance Manager- Cash Management & Treasury
Direct Reports / Indirect Reports
What we need from you
Required Education, Experience, Technical Skills and Knowledge
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s (B.Com)or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting 2-5 years of progressive work-related experience in accounting including experience in Journal entries.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
Basic knowledge of relevant Systems and applications used in accounting function like PeopleSoft. Conversant with MS Office, ERP exposure
Communication - Possess good communication skills.
Flexibility - Flexible to work in multiple shifts
- Ability to work in cross functional teams
Take adequate decisions to streamline and improve day to activities after discussion with Team lead/Manager.
What we offer
Key Shared Accountabilities
· Relationship with internal teams e.g AP, GAA, HA, Hotels, Corporate stakeholders, SOX & Audit
· External Auditors, Business Support, FP&A, Financial Reporting, Global Technology and Support, Leadership team