Purpose of the role
The role will be to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of Billing team’s activities, applying cash in hotels’ account globally and includes providing support to other sub-functions such Reporting team in Balance Sheet Reconciliation, month end tasks and audit support. Ensure all the processing has correct accounting treatment in terms of AR vs. GL and all the receipts are applied on time in PeopleSoft and correctly recorded in customer ledger.
Your day to day
· Responsible for oversight, direction of the day-to-day operations of Regional AR – Cash Application & billing which includes timely & accurate billing to hotels, application of Payment received from IHG franchised hotels, managed hotels and other debtors, in line with Service Level Agreements
· All queries from stakeholders are acknowledged and answered timely
· Taking ownership and accountability of the activities allocated and to ensure completion of work within the stipulated time to meet the process metrics
· Helping the Reporting Team in clearing the Balance Sheet Reconciliations and AR vs GL.
· Ensure seamless Audit and comply process activity as per SOX compliance
· Providing training to Team members on process activities.
· Supervise team in absence of Team Leader
· Ensure proper controls are in place to avoid audit observations and all members are cross trained
· To achieve process metrics targets
· SOP and Process documents are updated as per timeliness.
· Team Leader / Assistant Manager -R2C
Direct Reports / Indirect Reports
What we need from you
Key Collaborative Network
Key Shared Accountabilities
· Relationship with internal teams e.g. Collection, AR, GAA, SOX & Audit.
· External Auditors, Business Support, FP&A, Financial Reporting, Global Technology and Support, Leadership team
Required Education, Experience, Technical Skills and Knowledge
Education and Education
· Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and 3-4 years work-related experience.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
· Accounting Knowledge: Good Knowledge of Accounting Principles and concepts and the ability to apply them to the company's Accounting practices.
· System Knowledge: Good knowledge of the relevant IHG systems like People soft, Essbase etc.
Communication - Possess good communication skills.
Flexibility - Flexible to work in multiple shifts
Ability to work in cross functional teams
What we offer
· This position has impact regarding the prioritization of work and for identifying opportunities for improvement.
· This position is responsible for meeting SLA
· This position is responsible for sorting out escalation and defining process.