As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
As the first InterContinental Resort to arrive in Australia, InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort reflects the grand, graceful architecture of a classic Queensland estate, nestled within the beautiful surrounds of Sanctuary Cove. A realm of highly-curated, highly-personalised and utterly unforgettable experiences, the Resort is a destination of imagination – from fire-rimmed beaches to marina lawn marquees and elite golf courses. A playground of possibilities for our guests, delegates, and your career!
Your day to day
As the Part Time Sales & Event Coordinator, you will support in the preparation of proposals and contracts for Meetings & Events. Reporting to the Conference & Events Manager & the Director of Sales, you will assist the Sales and Event Planning team in line with the annual sales and plan to achieve budget and sales strategy for the resort.
Additionally, you will be responsible for monitoring competitors activities and assist in marketing intelligence, selling to new, existing and prospective customers in line with the goals set forth in the sales strategy. You will confidently conduct site inspections and assist with famils. You will assist in the new business activities for the resort as required, as well as compile reporting and conduct analysis.
What we need from you
The ideal candidate will have;
· A minimum of two years’ experience in an administration or sales capacity with proven ability to multi-task
· Confident and proactive communicator with ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Excellent presentation skills and competence in using Microsoft office programs, Delphi and Opera systems knowledge will be an advantage.
· You must also hold the appropriate work rights to work within Australia and be flexible to work weekends and evenings as required to support sales activities.
· High level of proficiency in MS Office suite
· Excellent time management skills with a strong attention to detail
· Previous experience within a similar 5-star environment
What we offer
IHG are more than just great places to stay, we are also one of Australia’s best employers. We are looking for exceptional people like you to greet the world and be the spark that makes us even better.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
We will give you every opportunity to grow vertically, functionally, geographically, and personally. As part of the IHG family with more than 5,300 hotels in over 100 countries, the world is your oyster - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.