Do you see yourself as a Operations Manager? What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Assist in managing the day to day activities of hotel operations to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize hotel profitability. Serve as the General Manager in his/her absence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Oversee the day-to-day operations and assignments of the hotel staff; assist the General Manager in the development and communication of departmental strategies and goals. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
· Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with Company rules and policies. Alert General Manager of potentially serious issues.
· Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
· Assist General Manager in the development, implementation and monitoring of financial and operational plans for the hotel which support the overall objectives of the company. Provide regular direction and manage hotel operations for all or some of the following areas:
· Front office, revenue, and reservation functions to ensure the delivery of superior guest services, the security of monies, credit card transactions and guest information, and that established goals are achieved.
· Food and Beverage, which may include Breakfast and/or Sundowner functions, to ensure standards of operation and quality and guest satisfaction are maintained.
· Housekeeping and Maintenance functions to ensure compliance with quality and brand standards in all areas of the hotel; establish and implement procedures to ensure routine inspections of all guest rooms/suites and public areas to ensure guest rooms/suites, linens, public restrooms, lobby areas, and furnishings, fixtures, and equipment, etc. are clean and/or in good repair. Ensure preventative maintenance programs are in place to protect the physical assets.
· Foster positive employee relations, and reconcile time edits and payroll administration in compliance with wage and hour regulations.
· Ensure guest convenience store, e.g., Convenience Court, Bridgemart, etc. is stocked and maintained in an orderly and appealing manner. Monitor inventory and order replenishments in a timely and efficient manner.
· Monitor and report variances against budget; and control labor costs and other expenses.
· Establish and implement appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. Respond to guest complaints or concerns in a prompt and professional manner.
· Comply with federal, state and local laws regarding health, safety and alcohol services
· Foster positive owner relationships if applicable and assist in providing ongoing information and status reports.
· Make recommendations for capital improvements to enhance the assets of the company and brand loyalty.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management.
· Interact with outside contacts:
· Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
· Owners and/or Principals – regarding operational updates and current issues
· Vendors – to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
· Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and compliance matters
· Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups, local media)
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Serve as Manager on Duty as assigned.
This job is the second in command to the General Manager in a small to mid-sized limited service or extended-stay single site hotel with a limited range of facilities and services.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Administration, Business Administration or equivalent and three years guest service/hotel experience with at least two years in a supervisory capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous extended stay experience or experience in a hotel of similar size and complexity preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Frequently standing and moving about the facilities
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
· Using a keyboard to generate correspondence, reports, etc.
· Handling objects, products, and equipment
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
· Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
· Ability to travel to attend workshops, conferences, etc.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.