At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
· Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
· Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
· Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
Your day to day
Perform a variety of administrative duties for general managers and/or staff of an assigned department or hotel function.
What we need from you
Duties and Responsibilities
· Identify and assist in planning for the purchasing of supplies, equipment, facilities and services necessary to maintain an efficient office.
· Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
· Serve as the first point of contact for callers and visitors contacting the office/department. Respond to inquires and provide information in a prompt and professional manner and according to established procedures. Refer persons to appropriate staff members for further assistance or information.
· Prepare a variety of correspondence, reports, and/or presentations which may include:
· Gathering and summarizing information from various sources
· Analysis and summary of data
· Creating spreadsheets, charts, and/or graphics
· Entering, retrieving and/or manipulating data within software programs or databases
· Organize and expedite flow of work; follow-up on pending matters; communicate and interpret instructions; and communicate information to staff or clients in manager’s absence. Maintain manager's appointment calendar and complete and submit expense reports; coordinate telephone/conference calls and incoming mail; set up and maintain filing systems, etc. Maintain an organized, clean, and professional work area
· Complete and/or coordinate activities related to assigned projects; assist in establishing project timetables, action steps and status updates; follow-up, as appropriate, to ensure timely execution to meet established deadlines.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
High School diploma or equivalent plus one year of office clerical experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Some college preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company. Excellent computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Ability to type at least 45 WPM. Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when compiling correspondence or performing other administrative functions.
Basic mathematical skills are used frequently. May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
We offer competitive wages and benefits, including but not limited to, medical/dental/vision coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
As an industry leader, our company offers potential for career development and advancement. We are an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity in the workplace.