There’s nothing complicated about dealing with business people. They’re just people. Doing business. By day, international marketing superhero. By night: fluffy bath robe and a box set. Like Liz, who’s left her laptop cable in the cab. Or Mario, who’s secretly missing his cats. The early riser, who’s first in the gym. The sales team preparing for the ‘big pitch’ over a freshly prepared lunch. At Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts, we embrace the new world of business and understand that Modern business travellers want a hotel (and a hotel team) that understands and supports them, helping at every turn.
1. Attends to repairs and maintenance of refrigeration equipment such as centrifugal chillers, air-cooled chillers, walk-in cold room and freezer rooms and other commercial/industrial refrigeration equipment.
2. Attends to the repair and maintenance of air-conditioning equipment such as window units, package units and fan coil units.
3. Attends to all types of repair and maintenance work in the hotel premises, including any new additions/extensions to the hotel or any other properties maintained by the hotel.
4. Participates in the hotel's Energy Conservation Programme. - Uses initiative and foresight to undertake tasks outlined within the preventative maintenance programme without the direction of the shift engineer/CE.
5. Is responsible for servicing and attending to repairs on various types of equipment such as laundry and kitchen equipment, heating, ventilating and air-conditioning equipment, including motors, pumps, fans, water treatment plants, sewage treatment plant and electricity generators, electric lights and power, CCTV, telephone, TV, fire and safety equipment and system.
1. Attends all on-the-job training in accordance with the departmental standards and procedures.
2. Attend various technical skills training.
3. Ensures that house rules are followed.
4. Ensures punctual attendance and adherence to duty schedules by all subordinate staff.
5. Ensures that personal grooming and hygiene standards are being observed. Carries out spot checks in the morning.
6. Ensures all engineering standards and procedures as issued from time to time are followed.
7. Ensures hotel rules and regulations are fully followed and avoids infringements including, but not limited to: - Sleeping while on duty - Arriving at the beginning of a shift - Departing early at the end of the shift - Not following up on guest complaints - Not adhering to grooming standards
1. Completes work orders as requested by hotel various departments to meet customer requirements.
2. Interacts and cooperates with hotel guests and outside contractors as necessary or directed by superiors.
3. Interacts and cooperates with other departments when necessary to provide additional or specialised services for functions, promotions and festivities.
1. Ensures proper functioning of AC and refrigeration equipment in all areas.
2. Adds chemicals to chilled water and condenser water as necessary.
3. Carries out daily testing and water treatment of A/C water systems.
4. Demonstrates awareness of IHG's Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) policies and procedures and ensures all procedures are conducted safely and within PPE guidelines by him/herself and staff who report to him/her.
5. is aware of the duty of care and adheres to IHG's various workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
6. Is familiar with property safety, first-aid and fire and emergency procedures and operates equipment safely and sensibly.
7. Initiates action to correct hazardous situations and notifies supervisors of potential dangers.
8. Carries out regular fire alarm tests as per IHG standards.
9. Logs security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
10. Ensures that the workshop and related areas are kept in a clean and tidy condition.
11. Complies with hotel's health, safety and hygiene policy.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by superiors.
Qualifications and requirements:
Technical school graduate in refrigeration and air-conditioning or has obtained vocational training plus two years' experience in related work and preferably one year's hotel experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Professional certification and licence may be required by law.
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training. Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.