At Holiday Inn® we want our guests to relax and be themselves which means we need team members to:
· Be you – by being natural, professional and personable in the way you are with people
· Get ready – by taking notice and using your knowledge so that you are prepared for anything
· Show you care – by being thoughtful in the way you welcome and connect with guests
· Take action – by showing initiative, taking ownership and going the extra mile
Perform repairs and maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality and safety standards are achieved and maintained. Facilitate with the engineering/maintenance operations of the hotel to ensure the safety and comfort of hotel guests and employees and to ensure compliance with all Brand and federal, state, and/or local regulatory and inspection requirements. May have responsibility for the Loss Prevention function.
Perform repairs and maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality and safety standards are achieved and maintained.
· Perform maintenance and repairs for assigned area of expertise such as the interior and exterior of buildings, hotel rooms and contents, laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating, air conditioning (HVAC), ventilation, and water treatment systems, and swimming pool-if applicable, etc.
· Ensure that assigned equipment is prepared and operational for the following day’s work.
· Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning safety or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policy and procedures to ensure quality, safety, and consistency. Report all unsafe conditions or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor. May educate and train hotel staff in the safe and proper use of equipment.
· May also perform other minor maintenance and repairs and/or conduct preventative maintenance duties as needed.
· Assist with other duties as assigned.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
· Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
· Follow procedures that ensure the security of inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc., replenishes supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and minimizes waste.
Advanced vocational training plus two years of experience in general building maintenance or construction, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Carrying, lifting, pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 100-300 pounds
· Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
· Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
· Frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and crawling
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the other supervisors, hotel staff and hotel guests.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized in order to document or record all tasks completed, to order supplies, to receive their instructions for the day and/or to read equipment repair manuals.
· Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages, quantities, and variances are used frequently.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance, a matching 401k plan, hotel discounts worldwide and much more. We will give you the chance to work at a wonderful hotel with a great team of people.
Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be Yourself. So what's your passion? If you think you can bring your passion to the role of Building Maintenance Engineer we'd like to hear from you. Please apply now.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.