We all know there's no place like home, but why should that stop us from creating an inviting, sociable atmosphere where long-term guests can put up their feet and relax. A place for guests to enjoy a free, hot breakfast; complimentary evening drinks; and a friendly chat with new friends. Across our hotels, our inviting spaces offer a sense of community and thoughtful service that give guests the freedom to relax, work and play just like our colleagues.
We'll help you creat the warmest welcome, whether you're preparing a suite exactly as your guest wants it, recommending tasty comforts from The Pantry, or just knowing guests by their first names, rather than their room number. You're big-hearted personality will help guests feel free to be themselves.
Keeping our hotel running smoothly is vital to our guest's experience - as a Maintenance Representative, you'll keep everything looking sharp and running like clockwork. From simple repairs to forward-thinking for the next day. With naturally high standards to support our own, you'll approach every task with devotion and pride.
· Repair or replace items around the hotel and refurbish items in guest rooms. By keeping on top of these tasks, you'll keep our hotels looking great and working well
· Organize supplies and make sure equipment is ready for the next day
· Live up to high safety standards - follow guidelines and tell your supervisor about any incidents, dangerous conditions or unsafe equipment
· Take responsibility for the safety and cleanliness of areas inside and outside the hotel, like the car park and pool area
· Always keep an eye out for improvements - follow the preventative maintenance calendar and keep everything working and efficient at all times
· Be a friendly face and helping hand to our guests
· Keep your supervisor or duty manager in the loop and tell them about any low running supplies
· Look smart and approachable in your uniform
· Be ready to take on extra duties as and when the team needs you
We will reward all your hard work with a great competitive wage and benefits - including a uniform and superb training.
Join us and you'll become part of the family - and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together - we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care; that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
· Experience - you'll have at least one year of maintenance or repair work under your belt
· A high school diploma or related vocational training
· You'll be familiar with Microsoft Office, a building management program and any other reporting tools like Opera and Quore
· On top of building equipment and hand tools, you'll have a working knowledge of basic plumbing, electrics and preventative maintenance procedures
· CPO certification - the hotel has a pool and hot tub and a Certified Pool Operator license would be ideal or the ability to get one after hired
· Fitness - you'll be on your feet most of the day and will need to bend and kneel a lot
· Compliance - as well as meeting local laws on food handling and serving alcohol, you'll be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language
· Great communication skills, you'll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to
MUST BE IN THE LOCATED WITHIN THE WEST DES MOINES AREA - NO RELOCATION IS PROVIDED