We all know there's no place like home, but why should that stop us from creating an inviting, sociable atmosphere where long-term guests can put up their feet and relax. A place for guests to enjoy a free hot breakfast, complimentary evening drinks and light meal, and a friendly chat with new friends. Across our hotels, our inviting spaces offer a sense of community and thoughtful service that gives guests the freedom to relax, work and play just like our colleagues.
We'll help you create the warmest welcome. Whether you're preparing a suite exactly as your guest wants it, recommending tasty comforts from The Pantry, or just knowing guests by their name, rather than their room number. Your big-hearted personality will help guests fee free to be themselves.
· Be the warm welcome that kicks off a memorable guest experience
· Acknowledge Rewards Club members and returning guests, in person or on the phone
· Take and manage guest bookings, up-selling opportunities and telling them about ways to improve their stay
· Handle cash and credit transactions
· Start every stay right by swiftly checking guests in and out - take ID's, hand out room keys, and control and release safety deposit boxes
· Stay one step ahead of guest's needs - record and act upon preferences and handle their messages, requests, questions and concerns
· Be a trusted contact for all guests. Help them with anything from bill issues to local knowledge, and loop in management when necessary
· Stay safe all the time. Following our safety procedures, you'll report all incidents and wear any protective gear needed
· Take pride in your appearance and place as a brand ambassador
· Always know what events and activities are on the day's schedule
· Jump into other ad-hoc duties when your colleagues need your help
We'll reward all your hard work with a competitive wage and benefits - including a uniform and superb training.
Join us and you'll become part of the family - and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together - we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care; that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
· Communication skills - guest will need to come to you with concerns as well as compliments, so you'll be easy to talk to
· Your problem-solving skills will turn issues into opportunities so every guest leaves with great memories
· Fluency in the local language - extra language skills would be great, but not essential
· Literate and tech-savvy - you'll need a good grasp of reading, writing, basic maths and computers
· Flexibility - night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
· You'll have high school diploma or qualification. A college or university degree would be a bonus, but not essential
· Experience - ideally, you'll have spent at least one year in a front desk or guest service position
· Strength - sometimes you'll need to lift, push and pull big objects up to 50lbs. This can involve bending and kneeling
MUST BE LOCATED IN THE West Des Moines VICINITY - NO RELOCATION PROVIDED