There’s nothing complicated about dealing with business people. They’re just people. Doing business. By day, international marketing superhero. By night: fluffy bath robe and a box set. Like Liz, who’s left her laptop cable in the cab. Or Mario, who’s secretly missing his cats. The early riser, who’s first in the gym. The sales team preparing for the ‘big pitch’ over a freshly prepared lunch. At Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts, we embrace the new world of business and understand that Modern business travellers want a hotel (and a hotel team) that understands and supports them, helping at every turn.
Your day to day
Great restaurant memories come from many places. The sights, sounds, scents and, importantly, service. As a Restaurant Server, you’ll welcome our guests, recommend food and drink and help keep service on-track and up to standard. By tailoring each guest’s experience to their unique tastes, you’ll create memories as delightful as the dishes.
What we need from you
Basic reading and writing. Food service experience with general knowledge of restaurant operations.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
· Moving about the restaurant
· Handling food objects; plates, trays, glasses, etc.
· Bending, stooping, kneeling
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor.
· Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
· Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit.
· This is a PM shift including weekends and holidays.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training. Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.