Do you see yourself as an Food and Beverage Intern? What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or just reading a good book, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
An icon of refined Manhattan elegance since 1926, the InterContinental New York Barclay re-opened in spring 2016, following an extensive renovation as the city’s luxury hotel of choice. Located off Park Avenue in midtown east, The Barclay features 702 beautifully-designed guestrooms with 30 suites, an opulent Presidential Suite and Penthouse Sky Suite with 1,500 feet of outdoor space and Chrysler Building views. The hotel boasts 15,000 square feet of meeting space and two large ballrooms for New York’s most memorable weddings, benefits, and galas. The Barclay offers a Club InterContinental®. It's Gin bar and lounge with light dining, is a dynamic social hub in the hotel’s expansive lobby. The “new” Barclay' embraces the hotel's distinctive legacy, while modernizing every detail.
Your day to day
Supervise on-the-job training program which typically involves a student rotating through a variety of jobs in different departments to learn all aspects of operating and managing a hospitality operation. In some cases, the internship may involve a student focusing his/her time on one particular area/department.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts ® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
· Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
· Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownershipof getting things done.
· Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
Duties and Responsibilities
· The internship must be closely related to the student’s major area of study and career objectives.
· The internship experience is designed to provide practical experiences in a professional work environment.
· It is anticipated that the internship will provide breadth of experience for the student.
What we need from you
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
· Frequently standing and walking
· Handling objects
· Demonstrate ability to apply academic theory to the job situation through practical application.
· Follow all rules of protocol in effect in the field setting.
· Accept responsibility for professional conduct as indicated by courtesy and consideration of those encountered in the work situation, promptness in keeping appointments, completing assigned tasks, and positive attitude toward all activities required by the job situation.
· Exemplify ethical professional behavior evidenced by positive working relationships with all personnel, moral actions, and attention to confidentiality requirements.
· Participate effectively in group problem-solving processes demonstrated by direct involvement.
· Transfer academic theory to the practical job situation, recognizing strengths and areas of improvement of the academic preparation.
· Demonstrate creativity in theory application during the internship.
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
· Basic math skills are used frequently.
· May be required to intern nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.