Do you see yourself as a Food & Beverage Attendant ? What's your passion? Whether you're into exploring caves, cooking or bird watching, at IHG Army Hotels Fort Knox we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Attend food and beverage buffet areas ensuring a high level of quality and consistency. Adhere to all health, sanitation, and cleanliness standards that meet state and local Health Board inspection, brand standard, and hotel requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Prepare and/or transport all food and beverage items and associated supplies, equipment, and materials to and from the buffet areas.
· Monitor area to ensure adequate supplies of food, beverage, trays, plates, utensils, napkins, condiments, etc. to serve all guests; replenish buffet items and areas as necessary.
· Follow preparation methods, times, and quality and presentation standards. Monitor taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, portion size, and garnish method as required.
· Welcome guests and respond to requests in a prompt and professional manner. Refer any serious matters to management.
· Purchase and/or requisition for purchase inventory to ensure adequate minimum and maximum stocks of all food, beverage, material, and equipment.
· Monitor and control food and beverage costs and ensure procedures are followed to ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory, and equipment and to minimize waste.
· Maintain a clean, neat, and well-organized work and buffet area, which may include but is not limited to hoods, filters, steam tables, bus tables, carts, ovens and grills, sinks, refrigerator/freezers, service areas, walls, floors, sneeze guards, and counters. Empty trash receptacles and clear tables as required.
· Check the working condition of equipment and machinery in accordance with specifications. Report to supervisor all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment, safety hazards, or any other maintenance and repair needs.
· May operate dishwashing machine in accordance with manufacturer specifications and instructions and place clean dishes and utensils in assigned storage location.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
You must be able to pass a Federal Background Check via the Military Installation to access the base.
Basic reading, writing and math skills and some prior food preparation experience preferred but not needed.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
· Standing up and moving about the kitchen and cafeteria
· Handling food, objects, products and utensils
· Bending, stooping, kneeling
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and supervisors.
· Food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when preparing buffet items from instructions.
· Mathematical skills, including basic math, measurements, quantities, and variances are used frequently.
· Will require to work weekends, and/or holidays
Work Area: F&B prep and service areas.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great pay and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
· Exceptional pay at $11.72 per hour
· Vacation pay
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
We are IHG Army Hotels located on Fort Knox Army Base Kentucky. We cater to the Military, Military Families and Civilians as well..