Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Position Location –
· Atlanta, GA or Remote
Support IHG’s efforts in accelerating guest and owner insight-driven and innovation lead design in your region. Working with global and regional counterparts help to identify highest potential value platforms for guest, owner and IHG and develop concepts which unlock opportunity within these platforms. Help to establish prototype designs and integrate them into your region for New Development hotels and hotels undergoing a renovation (Property Improvement Plan or Voluntary Renovation). Support brand teams , adapt global standards and implement.
Duties and Responsibilities –
· Works as a collaborative member of a multi-disciplinary, high-volume, deadline-oriented design and project management team.
· Manage America’s regional brand design projects from concept through commercialization by working with regional Brand Management teams and Architecture & Design teams to create and deliver design principles, SRD programs, model rooms, prototype designs and guidelines for all brands within your region in accordance with specific project budgets, deadlines, and/or direction established by Senior Management.
· Represents the design team to internal and external stakeholders, communicating the status of brand pipelines and aggregated project trends, design issues, and owner feedback.
· Develops and maintains brand design documentation and visualization assets through software tools such as Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and IHG’s specification management system.
· Applies design talent to problem solving design exercises to achieve cost efficient results that align with the brand standards and the brand strategy by championing design and architecture in your region, facilitating best practice and customer trend evolutions.
· Coach and develop team members; hire, fire, assess, discipline, document performance, recommend salary and classification changes.
· Assist with periodic meetings with Principal Correspondents (Owners), architects, designers, and contractors to discuss renovation requirements, construction direction, and design plans for specific projects. Consult with/guide the project team members through the design process and into the construction/renovation phase to ensure consistency of product.
· Attend and/or facilitate Brand Studio Meetings on a regular basis, providing feedback to the Architecture & Design team on product and prototype design related issues.
· Work with Global Procurement (PaCE) to evaluate Program Suppliers and products prior to signing contracts.
· Organize and supervise remodeling of model rooms at IHG Design Center or in hotel (e.g. negotiate pricing, plan budget and schedule, dispose of existing furnishings, purchase new furnishings, ensure process and receipt of orders, coordinate delivery and storage of furnishings, schedule and supervise installation, ensure project completion).
· Prepare installation, construction, and consultant contracts in cooperation with the Procurement and Legal Departments.
· Prepare, communicate and maintain project schedules and budgets. Track cost and payment information as needed; identify trends or issues and resolve them in a timely manner, bringing critical issues to immediate attention (e.g. cost overruns, schedule adjustments, issues with vendors or vendor approval status, issues with insurance, compliance issues, etc.). Compile project cost reports for review.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. AIA or ASID certification preferred. Architectural or Interior Design License preferred.
· 10+ years extensive work-related experience in design and/or architecture, with proficiency in multiple disciplines related to the position. Must have 2 years project management experience and 2 years upscale and/or luxury hospitality design experience.
Technical Skills - Ability to:
· Work in a high volume, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment as a member of a collaborative team. Responsive to demands from multiple stakeholder groups and able to understand and balance consumer, managerial and ownership perspectives.
· Manage multiple priorities and resources, prioritize projects, manage time, work with franchisees when problems arise re: brand design or standards or vendor-related issues.
· Extensive visualization, graphic and technical design skills with in-depth knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Bluebeam and PowerPoint.
· Read design documentation including architectural and interior drawings, mechanical, plumbing, sprinkler systems and electrical drawings. Knowledge of FF&E (furniture, fixtures and equipment)/OS&E (operating supplies and equipment), specifications and shop drawings. Interpret design boards and specifications, provide free-hand renderings, layouts or other drawings to clarify design issues.
· Remain current with construction trends, code requirements and design; knowledge of national building codes and ADA requirements.
· Effectively manage $1M + design projects; Assist Brand Management Teams in the design and procurement of Brand Design Scheme FF&E needed for the IHG Investor’s Conference.
Direct reports: 0-2
Annual operating budget(s):
· This position manages project budgets of $500K-$2M annually
· Indirect influence of owners’ budgets on new builds ($15M in 2015). Indirect influence of brand guest development budgets ($1M + in 2015) e.g. sample guest rooms.
Decision making responsibilities -
· Delivery of commercialized innovations and designs of agreed targets
· Review prototype plans & FF&E specifications for technical detail of architecture and construction for safety regulations, brand standards, design principles and technical specifications.
· Manage all aspects of the Brand’s design programs (prototype drawings and FF&E SRD Schemes for guestrooms and public spaces), from start to finish.
· Strong judgment and decision-making skills are necessary in determining practical applications for hotels when reviewing design boards, product submittals, cost analysis and brand initiatives.
· Decisions to revise FF&E standards may be made after thorough research and evaluation of specification requirements.
Internal Key Relationships -
· Global Brand Management, Global Guest Experience/Innovation Teams, Global and Regional Brand Standards, Regional Brand and Marketing Teams, Consumer Insights, Architecture & Design/Technical Services, Regional Franchise Development & Operations (Legal, FPS, Risk Mgmt., Food & Beverage).
External Key Relationships -
· Principal Correspondent/Owners, Content experts, Partner companies, Project Management consultants, Consumer research consultants, General Contractors, and Design Professionals.
Approx. 25% travel.
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans