Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Position Location –
· Atlanta, GA [The Ravinia in Dunwoody] this is not a remote position.
Summary/Purpose of the role –
Under the guidance of a Senior Corporate Counsel, Marketing & Commercial, and General Counsel, Marketing, Commercial, & Technology, provides legal counsel and support to the commercial and marketing teams. Primary responsibilities will be in supporting sales, distribution, revenue management, and loyalty and partnerships teams, as well as negotiating sales agreements and other commercial contracts, providing counsel on advertising and marketing including privacy, consents, disclosures, promotions, and loyalty programs.
Key Accountabilities –
· Provide counsel, develop strategic direction and alternatives on relevant legal matters; draft, negotiate and review/modify legal documents to meet Company objectives; train and educate employees as preventative legal measures.
· Develop and maintain a strong working relationship in all client areas and become a trusted advisor in assessing risk, evaluating the legal impact of various corporate or department strategies, determining alternatives based on business and legal considerations and the relevant environment.
· Utilize outside counsel and other external resources as appropriate to ensure the Company is represented in a cost efficient and effective manner. Develop strategic direction and alternatives on legal matters. Provide status reports on pending legal matters, advice in course of action for department/division legal issues, and identify, review and understand internal files and documents.
· Direct and oversee internal and external team members to ensure performance is measured and communicated, administrative matters are completed timely, internal and external budgets are developed, monitored and met, and profit and loss statements and other tracking tools are reviewed and utilized to measure performance on an ongoing basis.
· Draft, negotiate and review/modify legal documents to meet Company standards/objectives.
· Counsel department or division management on relevant legal issues. Develop and maintain a good working relationship in all client areas. Assist management in evaluating the legal impact of various corporate or department strategies, determining alternatives based on business and legal considerations and the relevant environment.
· Represent and support department or division management in dealings with external parties.
· Coordinate and work with other areas of Legal Department on related matters to ensure efficient resolution of issues.
· Train and educate employees on germane legal matters as preventive legal measures. Manage and work with outside counsel and counsel for outside parties as appropriate to ensure Company is represented effectively and efficiently
· If applicable, coach and develop team members; hire, fire, assess, discipline, document performance, recommend salary and classification changes. Act as advisor to staff to help meet established schedules and/or resolve technical or operational problems
· Bachelor’s Degree and a Juris Doctor Degree. Member of the Georgia State Bar in good standing
· 3+ years post qualification and progressive work-related experience in the practice of law with expertise in designated area(s) of responsibility
Technical Skills & Knowledge –
· Demonstrated analytical, research, and presentation skills, with ability to speak extemporaneously.
· Demonstrated ability to draft a variety of legal documents.
· Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation.
· Demonstrated experience in leading, advising and developing people.
· Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, outside counsel, vendors and other third parties, senior management and staff.
Reports to –
· Senior Corporate Counsel
· This position has significant impact on the analysis of disputes and options for resolution of disputes with third parties, owners, franchisees, lenders, customers, employees, and vendors.
· This position makes independent judgments and decisions that directly affect the legal actions of the supervisory and management staff of the Company. Erroneous decisions or recommendations could result in increased risk of, or actual financial exposure of the Company, or delays and/or modification to projects and/or operations causing a substantial expenditure of time, resources or funds.
Key Internal Relationships:
· Department or Region/Division Management: Provide proactive legal guidance and support on pending legal matters and advice on course of action for department/division legal issues.
· Company’s line supervisors: Report to and consult with the Company’s line supervisors as warranted, keeping supervisory and management staff informed on activities, changes to laws or regulations, and matters of legal significance as appropriate.
Key External Relationships –
· Franchisees and other hotel owners and management companies
· Governmental and regulatory bodies
· External law
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans