Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
This role will process HR Shared Service (HRSS) transactions in accordance with defined Service Level Agreements guided by appropriate financial & human resources policies and procedures for assigned area. Provide client support on HRSS transactions within the HR systems, payroll, taxation or functional area designated. Ensure that all data entered and maintained in HR, payroll or benefits systems is to the highest integrity through regular audit and feedback coaching to end-users. Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes to maximize efficiencies and eliminate redundancies. Track and report defined Service Level Agreement requirements and metrics.
· To receive all paper work from HR Business Partners, check for accuracy and completeness, and input to HR and payroll systems accurately. Transactions include new hires, rehires, promotions, transfers, salary changes and terminations etc.
· To complete offer letters, contracts of employment or other documentation to agreed templates as a service to local and other regional HR Business Partners and recruiters as required.
· Facilitate data input, maintenance, correction and audit processing to ensure data integrity within the system and process methodology.
· Update HR & payroll records for International Employees, Corporate employee, General Managers and all other personnel as covered by respective regional scope of services.
· Processes requests for historical data as required.
· Provides advanced knowledge of policy, business processes, HR guidelines, benefit plans, payroll rules information to HR staff & employees
Your day to day
· Oversee the delivery of payroll services to all corporate, reservations and hotels employees through outsourced vendors, covered within the regional scope of services.
· Support the provision of payroll services through the processing of time and attendance data to the outsource vendor.
· Administer the processing of variable components of pay i.e. paid time off, bonuses, deductions etc. through a defined process agreed with outsource vendor.
· Ensure that all changes to employee records with direct impact on payroll, general ledger are completed, updated in systems and communicated to respective outsource vendor timely. For example, cost center changes, pay rate changes etc.
· Oversee the payment of all payroll taxes to be timely and accurate for each of the countries supported by the payroll service.
· Complete the forecasting and transfer of funds to the payroll vendor or banks for each payrolls supported as per the agree payroll calendar
· To deal with any payroll queries from employees, managers or escalated by the outsource vendor.
· To ensure that new employee payroll and banking details are collected accurately and entered in the appropriate system and those new employees are informed about their payroll and payment processes.
· Facilitate the production of Annual Pay statements as per local country requirements, ensuring these are processed and distributed timely. Includes the reporting of additional taxable earnings i.e. Fringe benefits Taxes, Host Country updates, Stock distributions etc.
· Oversee local tax filing, statistics, labor reporting and/or payments as per government compliance in the respective country covered in the regional scope of services.
· To work with PWC on taxes for expatriates ensuring that they are accurate at the end of an assignment and that the tax affairs are settled with the Host Country’s tax authority
· To oversee the enrollment of employees into various benefits which vary by country, job band and maintain accurate records.
· Implement changes to benefits impacted by changes in the employee’s life cycle, promotions, transfers, pay changes etc.
· Liaise with benefits providers to ensure that they have accurate records for those enrolled in the various benefits (Insurances & pensions).
· To administer insurance (life, medical, death & disability) cover for all employees covered by the regional scope of services.
· Communicate changes to IHG vendors on employee benefit coverage based on changes to personal or professional situation includes new hire, termination, transfer, pay changes etc.
· Complete the appropriate invoicing or cross charging for all benefits administered.
· Respond to employee, managers, finance, cash management and HR on questions relating to employee benefits or appeals.
Systems / Reporting
· To provide reporting from HR & payroll systems as required by the business.
· Participate in system related projects as required, providing a level of expertise from a system and functional perspective.
· Responsible for the delivery of reporting requirements across the internal customer base, providing ad-hoc and regular reports to agreed service levels.
· Identify discrepancies and data integrity issues, perform route-cause analysis, establish and implement plans to address such issues and act as a conduit between functional users and outsource vendor.
What we need from you
· Provide support to the HR Shared Service team by acting as a back-up to other roles and answering employee queries on all services supported by HRSS.
· Maintain a consistent, high quality customer-focused orientation. Listens to and communicate with customer / call center to obtain all required information necessary to determine and address their specific needs; tactfully explain why, if service cannot be provided. Respond to individuals in manner and timeframe promised or follow-up to explain status. Effectively communicate findings and recommendations to appropriate staff.
· Provide clear, accurate information; explain procedures or materials or provide supplemental information; anticipate problems or questions.
· Ensure that external service level agreements are met by monitoring all reports and service incidents and alerting both the vendor and the team Director.
· Proactively monitor customer satisfaction and quality of service offered in line with the agreed Service Level Agreement. Contribute to the continuous improvement of all areas in process scope.
2 or 3 years in Human Resources or Payroll environment. Exposure and Knowledge in Payroll and Finance.
High school diploma or Associates Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
Required Skills –
· Knowledge of HR systems would be an advantage
· Payroll systems and processes
· Accurate data entry
· Microsoft Word & Excel
· Report writing or query writing knowledge
· Analytical and problem solving skills
· Formal payroll qualification or equivalent experience
· High School Diploma and some basic HR qualification (or studying for such qualification)
· Bachelors degree in a relevant discipline would be an advantage
· Demonstrated knowledge of HR / Payroll systems capabilities and complexities across multiple modules.
· Demonstrated proficiency in accurately populating databases with necessary information in designated time periods.
· Demonstrates clear, concise and succinct communication skills including adapting both verbal and written communication to the needs and level of the user.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans