IHG has opened its newly built full-service upscale hotel - Crowne Plaza Hobart. The hotel is managed by Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG) and owned by Tasmanian locals.
The 235 room hotel offers a gymnasium, 9 versatile meeting rooms, and 2 restaurants and bars.
Your day to day
Reporting into the Night Manager, you’ll assist in coordinating and overseeing all hotel operations in the absence of the General Manager or designate during nights. The principal responsibility is safety and security of guests and colleagues and ensuring the accurate and timely completion of the night audit function during the hours of 11pm – 7am.
You’ll not only be the person guests rely on to handle transactions, offer local insights and anticipate every detail of a friction-free experience. You’ll also be in tune with your team, driving performance and engagement and ensuring they receive the right learning and development opportunities to maximise performance and maintain a positive and productive work environment.
What we need from you
· Minimum 12 months’ experience in a Front Office/Night Audit/Finance related position within a hotel/hospitality environment
· Experience in leading, supporting and driving a team
· Qualifications in Hotel Management and/or in Business Administration related field preferred
· Computer savvy and particularly versed in Microsoft Excel and Opera
· Excellent communication skills, bilingual or multilingual language skills are advantageous
· A passionate team player, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise workloads
· Valid RSA certification, First Aid Qualifications and a full Drivers Licence are required
· Ability to inspire passion, enthusiasm and positivity in the team to drive an engaged, winning culture
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 23 JANUARY 2021
What we offer
Joining the IHG family means you benefit from a world of variety and opportunity that comes with working for a global organisation, and you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for being you. In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a competitive salary and benefits package. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we'll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start with IHG, be involved and grow.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we'll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.