The Refuge at Kimpton Clocktower Hotel are looking for an Assistant General Manager to join their eclectic 5* team.
A refuge in the capital of cool , with its clock tower and striking Victorian architecture, The Kimpton Clocktower, the Newest Kimpton in the UK is an unmistakable landmark in the city's skyline. A magnificent, terracotta Grade II listed building, with its Iconic Refuge Restaurant and Bar, the hotel is situated in the Manchester City Centre with unique event spaces for up to 1000 delegates and were proud to say that our ballroom is the largest single event space within the Northwest of England , want to be part of this Lifestyle Luxury property?
At Kimpton, our shared mission is to make lives better through heartfelt human connections. This emotional investment drives all that we do, and it’s why you’ll love the work too.Our colleagues are empowered and encouraged to act from the heart, to go above and beyond to create ridiculously personal experiences for each other and our guests.
A Kimpton stay is a laid-back and original luxury experience that offers guests the finer things without the fuss. No detail is too small, and no request is too large. A Refuge visit is no different, our guests expect relaxed but attentive service with a touch of character and flair, enhanced by the exciting and varied food and drink offering.
Our Assistant General Manager supports the General Manager with the effective and efficient running of The Refuge operation and team. With direct responsibility for the bar, restaurant, and floor teams, they will always maintain the highest standards to ensure guest expectation is consistently exceeded.
The Assistant General Manager will be required to communicate both internally within the hotel team and externally with clients, suppliers and immediate locale.
Working as an Assistant General Manager you will ensure all team members are trained to the highest standards and manage the shift you are working ensuring quality and consistency in every aspect of the operation. You will work a variety of shifts from morning to night over weekends and bank holidays.
So what’s in for you (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG Hotels and Resorts family, a FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world, so we can offer you a market leading package:
· £17.31 per hour
· 130 guaranteed monthly hours, with the ability to Flex Hours up with business demand (Every Hour Worked Paid)
· 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
· Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
· Access to our voluntary benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
· Employee assistance programme
· Life insurance
· Vast range of learning and development programmes
· Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group both national and international
· Meals whilst on duty
· Uniform Provided
· Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
· Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual .
Your day to day
At Kimptonour commitment to deliver heartfelt care, unique design and quality in surprising ways gives an experience you’ll treasure forever whether you are a guest or a member of our family.
Working at Kimpton is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion
To succeed as our Assistant General Manager, you will need:
· Food and drink management and team leadership experience for 2 or more years in a large scale independent lifestyle venue
· Can perform a variety of activities as needed across all food and beverage disciplines, as a minimum; manage a large scale restaurant, orchestrate weddings or social events and run a high volume bar operation.
· An understanding and passion for food and drink trends
· Expected to have completed Food Safety Level 2 and have a strong grasp of liquor licensing laws if not already a personal license holder.
· Knowledge of appropriate F&B systems to support operational processes table reservation and management system, Micros Simphony and Quinyx
· Demonstrates a thirst for knowledge with an understanding on critical issues and potential technology and trends in hotel food and beverage
· Can talk through activities that would be required on a food and beverage marketing calendar and recognises how to impact different booking channels
Do you have what it takes to be our Assistant General Manager? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.