Do you see yourself as a Front Desk Agent?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
HOTEL OVERVIEW: For 70 years, the InterContinental ® Brand has been writing the story of international travel and showing guests the InterContinental Life through personalized service, memorable, one of a kind experiences and global etiquette. As part of the largest luxury hotel brand in the world, InterContinental ® Boston is a landmark of luxury; rated in the top five on Trip Advisor for Boston hotels, named one of the ‘Best Hotels in the World' by Condé Nast Traveler magazine and featuring a Forbes Four-Star, 4 Diamond AAA rated hotel experience. The property overlooks Boston's historic waterfront, featuring 424 luxurious ultra-modern accommodations with distinctive style and breathtaking waterfront or downtown city views, a full service spa and fitness club, 32,000 square feet of premier meeting and event space, and an array of restaurants and bars influenced by a variety of international flavors. We are looking for passionate people who are charming, confident and internationally-minded to ensure we continue the story of making great things happen at InterContinental ® Boston.
Your day to day
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Front Desk Agent is responsible for checking-in and checking-out hotel guests in a timely and professional manner while following our brand and Forbes service standards. They will also respond to special requests and provided additional information and assistance to all guests as needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professional manner.
· Register guests, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location. Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
· Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
· Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures including but not limited to posting all charges, completing cashier and other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/securing assigned bank.
· Issue, control and release guest safe-deposit boxes.
· Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
· Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
· May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes.
· Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
· Perform other duties as assigned including guest room tours, concierge services, special guest requests, etc.
What we need from you
High School diploma or equivalent, plus one year front desk/guest service experience. A college degree in a related field is preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Remain stationary for extended periods of time
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 30 pounds
· Handling objects, products and computer equipment
· Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
· Basic math skills are used frequently.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are often used.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.