The Front Desk is often the first point of contact and the first impression for guests. Warm, knowledgeable service and helpful guidance reassure guests they’ve made the right choice to stay with us. To deliver a great guest experience – a Front Desk Agent will check in and out guests efficiently, and make sure they have all they need for a great stay.
Your day to day
· Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professional manner recognizing IHG Rewards Club Member and also returning guests
· Check guests in, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location
· Ensure required identification is taken from guests at check-in in line with local legislative requirements
· Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner
· Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue
· Answer, record and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions or concerns
· Record guest preferences in the system
· Check guests out, including resolving any late or disputed charges
· Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions using established procedures
· Issue, control and release guest safe-deposit boxes in line with hotel procedures
· Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring
· Take action to solve guest problems/complaints using appropriate service recovery guidelines
· Follow established hotel safety protocols and procedures at all times. Immediately report any health and safety incident, security breaches, concerns or suspicious behavior to the supervisor or manager on duty
What we need from you
High School diploma /Secondary qualification or equivalent. One year front desk/guest service experience strongly preferred. Proficiency in Opera/Fidelio is preferred but not essential. Some college/university preferred. Must speak fluent local language. Additional language skills preferred but not required depending on location of hotel.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds / 23 kilograms
· Handling objects, products and computer equipment
· Basic computer skills to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
· Being passionate about people and service
· Strong communication skills essential when interacting with guests and employees
· Reading and writing abilities are used often when completing paperwork, logging issues/ complaints/requests/information updates, etc.
· Basic math skills are used frequently when handling cash or credit.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are often used
· Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabilities / Veterans