Join Iceland Manufacturing Ltd (IML)
Based at our site in Gorton, Manchester, we manufacture frozen products for Iceland stores. This is a great opportunity for a Raw Material Technician to join our Technical team at an exciting time of growth within Iceland’s food manufacturing site.
We’ve had to adapt to new ways of working to ensure we are protecting our teams in the current climate, but we’re busier than ever, growing our product range and want to ensure all our support functions across site are ready to proactively contribute to the site’s growth.
Role: Raw Material Technician
Salary: Up to £27,600 per annum (dependent on experience)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Shift Pattern: Sunday to Thursday 10pm – 6am (on our night shift)
Led by our Technical Systems Supervisor, you will ensure quality plans and procedures are adhered to, compliance is demonstrated at all times and be responsible for updating IML’s quality management system. More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
· Delivering, operating and maintaining all activities required to ensure food safety, quality, legality and integrity throughout all site production, storage and packaging operations.
· Conduct goods in inspections on all raw materials against the agreed specification and the agreed schedule
· All goods in inspection results to be logged on the internal NAV system.
· Work actively with the warehouse team to manage any raw material life extension requests.
· Contact suppliers to discuss issues
· Submit raw materials for lab sampling as required.
· Participate in external audits/visits, demonstrating systems and records
· Support with investigations relating to customer/consumer complaints or other product defects in a specific manufacturing area
· Supporting and coaching all colleagues across IML in best practice for food safety, quality, legality and integrity.
Skills & Experience
· Excellent communication, both verbal and written
· Good organisational skills whilst demonstrating initiative
· Detailed-focus with a high level of accuracy
· IT proficient – Outlook, Word and Excel
· Analytical and methodical in solving problems
· Food handling and manufacturing experience
· Experience within a similar quality assurance role
· Food Safety level 3
· HACCP level 2
Some occasional travel may be required to external coldstores, Iceland depots, Iceland & Food Warehouse stores and suppliers.
Our benefits package includes:
· 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
· 10% store discount including double discount weeks
· 30% discount with Club Individual Restaurant Group
· Free parking onsite
· Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
· Employee assistance programme
· Long service awards
· Reward & recognition
· Rewards discount / cashback scheme at over 150 retailers. Categories including shopping, electricals, holidays, restaurants, insurance, and more!
So, if you are up for the challenge and have the desired drive, determination, and experience, please get in touch by applying now and sending over your CV.
The closing date for this role is 12 th May 2021.
We look forward to hearing from you!