Join Iceland Manufacturing Ltd (IML)
Based at our site in Gorton, Manchester, we manufacture frozen products for Iceland stores. This is a great opportunity for a Quality Assurance (QA) Technologist to join our Technical team at an exciting time of growth within Iceland’s food manufacturing site.
We’ve had to adapt to new ways of working to ensure we are protecting our teams in the current climate, but we’re busier than ever, growing our product range and want to ensure all our support functions across site are ready to proactively contribute to the site’s growth.
Role: QA Technologist
Salary: Up to £27,600 per annum (dependent on experience)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Shift Pattern: Sunday to Thursday 10pm – 6am (on our night shift)
Led by our QA Manager, you will ensure quality plans and procedures are adhered to, compliance is demonstrated at all times and be responsible for updating IML’s quality management system. More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
· Delivering, operating and maintaining all activities required to ensure food safety, quality, legality and integrity throughout all site production, storage and packaging operations.
· Conducting various scheduled internal audits and participating in external audits
· Performing inspection on production lines and working closely with the production team to ensure compliance with food safety requirements
· Conducting environmental swabbing and traceability exercises
· Raising and investigation internal and external non-conformances
· Calibrating key food safety, quality and legality equipment as required
· Organising and conduct consistency and sensory panels (also known as, taste panels)
· Completing general administrative duties such as raising purchase orders and accurately maintaining and updating information
· Supporting and coaching all colleagues across IML in best practice for food safety, quality, legality and integrity.
Skills & Experience
· Excellent communication, both verbal and written
· Good organisational skills whilst demonstrating initiative
· Detail-focussed with a high level of accuracy
· IT proficient – Outlook, Word and Excel
· Analytical and methodical in solving problems.
· Food handling and manufacturing experience
· Experience within a similar quality assurance role
· Food Safety level 3
· HACCP level 2
Some occasional travel may be required to external coldstores, Iceland depots, Iceland & Food Warehouse stores and suppliers.
Our benefits package includes:
· 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
· 10% store discount including double discount weeks
· 30% discount with Club Individual Restaurant Group
· Free parking onsite
· Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
· Employee assistance programme
· Long service awards
· Reward & recognition
· Rewards discount / cashback scheme at over 150 retailers. Categories including shopping, electricals, holidays, restaurants, insurance, and more!
So, if you are up for the challenge and have the desired drive, determination, and experience, please get in touch by sending over by applying now and sending over your CV.
The closing date for this role is 12 th May 2021.
We look forward to hearing from you!