Join Iceland Manufacturing Ltd
Based at our site in Gorton, Manchester we manufacture frozen products for Iceland stores. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Engineer to join us at an exciting time of growth within Iceland’s food manufacturing site.
We’ve had to adapt to new ways of working to ensure we are protecting our teams in the current climate, but we’re busier than ever, growing our product range and want to ensure all our support functions across site are ready to proactively contribute to the site’s growth.
Role: Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer
Salary: Up to £45,462 per annum
Hours: Averaging 42 hrs per week over an eight-week cycle
Shift Pattern: Panama shift
Led by the Engineering manager, you will work within a team of Engineers and will usually be paired up with one other Engineer whilst working your shift. Given the nature of the role, it’s fast-paced, involves a lot of fault finding and being able to co-ordinate your time well across various duties. Responsibilities will include:
· Playing a key role in achieving maximum production efficiency using preventative and predictive maintenance techniques
· Ensuring downtime is kept to a minimum by dealing with breakdowns efficiently and effectively
· Carrying out all types of engineering installations including electrical, mechanical, fabrication, plumbing and pipe work
· Providing drawings, measurements and specifications of spare equipment required
· Supervising contractor activity as and when required and working collaboratively across departments
· Showing a strong ethic for working safely and in line with our policies and procedures including HACCP
Skills & Experience
· Higher National Certificate/Diploma or NVQ in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
· Fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) experience
· Fault finding experience
· 18 th Edition Wiring Regulations
· Level 3 or above Food Hygiene Certificate
You’ll efficiently organise and prioritise your own workload efficiently whilst effectively managing other’s expectations. You’ll like to keep one step ahead by always identifying areas to continuously improvement and confident to speak up, to challenge the norm in a constructive way. Working as part of the wider Engineering team, you’ll be a team player who is determined and self-motivated when working in a busy environment.
Our benefits package includes:
· 22 days holiday (reflective of working 12-hour shifts) + 8 bank holidays
· 10% store discount including double discount weeks
· 30% discount with Club Individual Restaurant Group
· Free parking onsite
· Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
· Employee assistance programme
· Long service awards
· Reward & recognition
· Rewards discount / cashback scheme at over 150 retailers. Categories including shopping, electricals, holidays, restaurants, insurance, and more!
So, if you are up for the challenge and have the desired drive, determination and experience, please get in touch by applying now and sending over a copy of your CV.
The closing date for this role is Thursday 23rd September 2021.
We look forward to hearing from you!