Join Iceland Manufacturing Ltd
Based at our site in Gorton, Manchester, we manufacture frozen products for Iceland stores. This is a great opportunity for new members of the Production team to join us at an exciting time of growth within Iceland’s food manufacturing site.
We’ve had to adapt to new ways of working to ensure we are protecting our teams in the current climate, but we’re busier than ever, growing our product range and want to ensure all our operational functions are ready to proactively contribute to the site’s growth.
Role: Key Operatives
Hours: 40 hours per week
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday from 06:00am to 14:00pm on our morning shift (AM shift)
Salary: £9.57 per hour
Led by our Production Team Leaders, you play a crucial role in ensuring our production lines run effectively and efficiently in line with product specifications and whilst championing health and safety, and food safety.
Responsibilities will include:
· During the shift, identify and communicate immediately to the Team Leader of any issues in order that they are resolved to minimise production downtime.
· Ensure yield is maximised by assessing the quality of incoming raw materials and the impact of it upon performance – report any issues immediately to Team Leader.
· Monitor product quality and reject any unsuitable products whilst ensuring waste is minimised and reported accurately to the Team Leader on a daily basis.
· Accurate recording of all packaging and product movements to and from area.
· Responsible for ensuring equipment and working areas are cleaned to Company hygiene standards prior to production and housekeeping rules are followed by the team adhering to ‘Clean As You Go’ at all times.
· Accurate completion of all area paperwork – clearly record corrective actions taken to meet the product specification and report any ongoing issues not resolved to Team Leader.
· Support Team Leader with other reasonable additional duties
Skills & Experience
· Knowledge and experience of working in food manufacturing
· Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
· Works well within a team with good communication
· Uses initiative when working and able to identify when to involve Team Leaders
· Strong ethic for working safely and maintaining food quality
· Eager to learn and cover Team Leader responsibilities as and when required
· Ready meal experience
· Food hygiene level 2 or above
· Experience of using Microsoft Navision
· Leading and supervising a team to achieve targets
Our benefits package includes:
· 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
· 10% store discount including double discount weeks
· Free parking onsite
· Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
· Employee assistance programme
· Long service awards
· Reward & recognition
· Rewards discount / cashback scheme at over 150 retailers. Categories including shopping, electricals, holidays, restaurants, insurance, and more!
So if you are up for the challenge and have the desired drive, determination and experience, please get in touch by sending over a copy of your CV.
The closing date for this role is Wednesday 26th January 2022.
We look forward to hearing from you!