Join Iceland Manufacturing Ltd
Based at our site in Gorton, Manchester, we manufacture frozen products for Iceland stores. This is a great opportunity for new members of the Production team to join us at an exciting time of growth within Iceland’s food manufacturing site.
We’ve had to adapt to new ways of working to ensure we are protecting our teams in the current climate, but we’re busier than ever, growing our product range and want to ensure all our operational functions are ready to proactively contribute to the site’s growth.
Role: General Operative
Hours: 40 hours per week
Shift Pattern: 5 nights between Sunday and Friday from 22:00pm to 06:00am (Night shift)
Salary: £10.80 per hour
To be responsible and be accountable for all tasks undertaken whilst focussing on adding value to the business.
Responsible for the preparation, manufacture, assembly and packing of food produced in accordance with the product specification and the Company’s standards and procedures regarding Safety, Hygiene, Quality, Quantity and Cost.
Responsibilities will include:
· Responsible for handling food products, maintaining high personal hygiene standards and observing all company hygiene, quality and housekeeping rules.
· Working as part of the production team to achieve daily targets without detriment to product quality, food and personal safety.
· Ensure equipment and working areas are cleaned to company hygiene standards prior to production run. Comply with ‘Clean As You Go’ at all times.
· Work as an multi skilled operator within all areas of the production process to provide maximum flexibility and rework products as and when required.
· Work in a safe manner, without risk to self or others by observing all health & safety rules, procedures and COSHH Regulations.
· Report to Line Manager / Key Operator any hazards, near misses and defect.
· Support continuous improvement in all areas of the operation where greater efficiency, hygiene, quality and safety could be achieved.
· Support the Line Manager with other reasonable additional duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience
· Experience of working in a factory environment (ready meals preferable)
· Team player with strong awareness of targets and objectives
· Ability to lead by example and lead a team to achieve company objectives.
· Strong communication skills
· Can do attitude.
· Good organisational skills
· Ability to prioritise and work through own initiative
· Food manufacturing knowledge
· Good understanding of cleaning practices and disposal
· Food Hygiene Level 2
Our benefits package includes:
· 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
· 10% store discount including double discount weeks
· Free parking onsite
· Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
· Employee assistance programme
· Long service awards
· Reward & recognition
· Rewards discount / cashback scheme at over 150 retailers. Categories including shopping, electricals, holidays, restaurants, insurance, and more!
So if you are up for the challenge and have the desired drive, determination and experience, please get in touch by applying now and sending over a copy of your CV.
The closing date for this role is Friday 7 th May 2021.
We look forward to hearing from you!