Food Safety Coodinator - Field / Home Based. Individual Restaurants Group.
As the Food Safety Coordinator, you will have a solid understanding of the Individual Restaurants Brand, and restaurant & central production kitchen food safety standards. Primarily, you'll be an operational part of the restaurant group to drive and support compliance. You will effectively communicate risks to the Food Safety Manager and Brand Directors.
Best suited to a Greater Manchester / North West based candidate.
You will be responsible for the 28 restaurants food safety policy development, working with a 3rd party consultant (including supplier management and allergens) but experience & qualifications in health and safety, and fire safety would be a strong advantage.
You will also carry out frequent and routine compliance audits thorughout the UK and to the central kitchen, based in Stockport, sometimes in Deeside, aswell as the training of colleagues where required. You will also be responsible for following up on Local Authority inspections and queries, in relation to the food hygiene rating scheme, and liaising with third party auditors.
The role will be a mix of home based and restaurant / central production kitchen based, working with occasional trips to head office in Deeside, North Wales.
· Responsible for day to day maintenence, development and monitoring of restaurant food safety standards, and legislative compliance.
· Work with managment at the central production kitchen to ensure food is prepared, labelled, stored and transported safely.
· Track and report food safety performance, eg micro sampling, hygeine ratings, complaints, etc.
· Respond to and track customer complaints related to AFP, allergens, foreign objects, etc.
· Monitor and assess HACCP compliance and any due dilligence checks.
· Follow up on third party audit non-compliances and ensure that the food safety management system is up to date, in line with menu changes.
· Support with any new food safety related trials / launches.
· Assist in developing restaurant advice for emerging food safety issues.
· Assist in maintaining food safety documentation and training materials.
· Deputise for Food Safety Manager.
· Report directly to the Food Safety Manager.
· Education to degree level (or equivalent), ideally in environmental health or a food safety related subject.
· EHRB or equivalent registration is preferred but not essential.
· Auditing and / or enforcement experience.
· Level 4 and / or enforcement experience.
· Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety in Catering (or equivalent).
· Experience working in the food and hospitality sector(s).
· Have a good understanding of food sfaety and HACCP preferable, with multi-site operations, with central kitchens and complex dishes.
· Strong Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook skills.
· Ability to connect with people at all levels, and be comfortable interacting within different levels.
· Positive attitude with confident customer service levels.
· Structured with great attention to details skills.
· Comfortable working alone as well as in a team.
· Self-motivated and willing to learn continuous best practice.
· Have a valid UK driving license.
· ABle to work routinely in a home & office environment, with the ability to visit restaurants, when required.
· Ability to spot problems and tackle them creatively, individually & with others.