Join Iceland Manufacturing Ltd (IML)
Based at our site in Gorton, Manchester, we manufacture frozen products for Iceland stores. This is a great opportunity for an Assistant Warehouse Manager to join us at an exciting time of growth within Iceland’s food manufacturing site.
We’ve had to adapt to new ways of working to ensure we are protecting our teams in the current climate, but we’re busier than ever, growing our product range and want to ensure all our support functions across site are ready to proactively contribute to the site’s growth.
Role: Assistant Warehouse Manager
Salary: Up to £28,000 (dependent on experience)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday, working our PM shift from 2:00pm to 10:00pm
Led by the Warehouse manager, you will work alongside a small, fast-paced Warehouse team, responsibilities will include:
· Managing all inbound and outbound warehouse activity ensuring all key performance indicators (KPIs) and service level agreements (SLAs) are met
· Ensuring all stock is effectively stored to BRC 8 standards and oversee the accurate accounting, rotation of and quality of stock received, stored and delivered
· Managing fulfilment related data to ensure 100% accuracy across relevant platforms at all times
· Leading a small team and conducting HR activities such as recruitment, payroll, workforce planning and employee relations (investigations, disciplinaries, etc)
· Conducting training and learning and development activities with your team
· Act as IML’s Health & Safety champion for the Warehouse
· Formulate, document, manage and review all processes, policies and systems required for the Warehouse team and making recommendations where necessary
· Engaging with all key stakeholders across IML in a professional way whilst managing expectations
Skills & Experience
· Warehouse supervisory or management experience
· Good IT skills and knowledge of warehouse systems
· Proven experience and understanding of KPIs
· Supervisory/management experience gained in food manufacturing
· Experience of Microsoft Navision
· FLT licence and/or counterbalance licence
You’ll organise your time and workload effectively ensuring you manage other’s expectations and engage with all departments across IML. You will also enjoy working with others and won’t be afraid to get stuck in with practical work if needed. With a good eye for detail, you’ll be confident in using systems, analysing data and able to interpret numerical information with ease.
Our benefits package includes:
· 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
· 10% store discount including double discount weeks
· 30% discount with Club Individual Restaurant Group
· Free parking onsite
· Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
· Employee assistance programme
· Long service awards
· Reward & recognition
· Rewards discount / cashback scheme at over 150 retailers. Categories including shopping, electricals, holidays, restaurants, insurance, and more!
So, if you are up for the challenge and have the desired drive, determination and experience, please get in touch by sending over by applying now and sending over a copy of your CV.
The closing date for this role is Tuesday 25th January 2022.
We look forward to hearing from you!