Here at Iceland we’re different. We care. We’re not a dull stuffy corporate. We’re one big team. A diverse group of people who get stuck in and work together. We are looking for an Administrative Support Officer to provide administrative support to the Health & Safety Manager within our head office. Initially for one year to cover maternity leave however may present a permanent role opportunity.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
· Administration and management of the health & safety Inbox, accident forms; referrals and general queries that are sent, redirecting queries to members of the legal, health and safety manager and insurance team as required.
· Processor of accident forms, updating spreadsheets, follow up actions as required with stores , Area Sales Managers and internal departments such as maintenance, property, store operations and supply chain.
· Deal with telephone queries, directing calls to the appropriate person, taking messages or dealing with the enquiry in a professional and efficient manner.
· Administrator of the Safe Contractor and report line systems.
· Promote a positive culture of health and safety in the workplace.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
· A minimum of 5 GCSEs Grades A-C (including English and Maths) or equivalent plus one year’s administration experience or administration experience.
· Established IT knowledge (Microsoft Office, email, software packages etc)
· Basic understanding of Safe Systems of Work & Risk Assessment.
· Experience of working in an office environment and dealing with all levels of management is preferable.
· This may also suit someone currently based in store looking for a secondment opportunity to work in Deeside.
· Advanced level and ability working with word, excel spreadsheet’s written reports and associated correspondence.
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
· Ability to follow instructions, provide support as required to members of the insurance, health & safety and the wider legal Team.
· Appreciation and understanding of confidentiality and able to understand and be sensitive to diversity and equality.
· Attention to detail to identify inconsistencies in documents such as reports & invoices.
· Organised and able to meet tight deadlines with excellent time management skills.
· Flexible in approach with ability to respond to changing pattern of demand at work which can be unpredictable and unplanned, requiring constant shifts in priority
· Ability to understand the importance of processing information in a prompt, efficient manner and in accordance with legislation, policy and procedure.
· Ability to deal positively with change and willingness to embrace new opportunities and working practices within health & safety.
Make a difference to your career at Iceland, we expect a lot but you’ll get a lot back in return. We will help you to grow and develop your career and give you the freedom to show that you really care.
Our benefits package includes:
· A very competitive salary with an excellent benefits package
· 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
· Flexible working
· 10% store discount, 30% discount with Club Individual Restaurant Group
· Free parking onsite
· Double discount weeks
· Highly subsidised restaurant onsite with our own Michelin Star Chef!
· Subsidised Costa onsite
· Discounted gym membership
· Charity fundraising events
· Educational sponsorship
· Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
· Long service awards
· Reward & recognition
· Rewards discount / cashback scheme at over 150 retailers. Categories including shopping, electricals, holidays, restaurants, insurance, and more!
Be Proud. Be brave. Be everything that makes us different. Be Iceland.