At Watson Health our purpose is to empower leaders, advocates and influencers in health through support that helps them achieve remarkable outcomes, accelerate discovery, make essential connections and gain confidence on their path to solving the world's biggest health challenges.
Watson Health is seeking Business Development Representatives (Inside sales) responsible to drive interest from prospects to Watson Health solutions across the healthcare marketplace A primary responsibility of a Business Development Representative is to complete campaign follow up in a timely manager – Conference Leads, Web Seminar Registrations, etc. Creating Value with these prospects, identifying their business needs, appropriately matching these needs with IBM Watson Health solutions and transitioning these prospects to the appropriate Client Executive and Solution Specialist. Business Development Representative will be expected to partner with Field Based and Office Based Sales personnel to pass qualified leads, generate new business interest and assist in customer retention, as needed, to meet organizational growth targets. Opportunities are subject to acceptance by a Watson Health Client Executive or Solution Specialist based on defined criteria according to established qualified targets. Responsible for prospecting, noticing, identifying, validating, and qualifying of an opportunity. Business Development Representative (BDR) driven Opportunities may be from both net-new (new Logo signings) and existing customers (Expansion signings).
Measures of success:
· Meet and/or Exceed a targeted signings pipeline objective of “Qualified” and “Accepted” opportunities created and progressed by the BDR. Responsibilities include:
· Creation and development of a targeted set of opportunities in a given solution offering to meet required level of healthy SaaS pipeline.
· Prospect of SaaS installed accounts to gain keen insight and understanding of potential SaaS solution opportunities and uncover potential expansion of offerings including add-on, trade-up, cross-sell or up-sell of current SaaS offerings.
· Maintain or exceed monthly/quarterly targeted objectives of number of leads created, opportunities launched, progression of opportunities from noticed, identified, validated and qualified.
· Engage leads created by Marketing initiatives and corporate driven initiatives related to the SaaS solution portfolio of responsibility.
· Actively generate self-created leads from digital prospecting leveraging various tools and applications available
· Identify decision makers among targeted leads in order to initiate the sales process.
· Maintain a high level of IBM SaaS solution expertise and competitive intelligence as well as a detailed understanding of the SaaS Solution portfolio of responsibility.
· Effectively and independently deliver the IBM vision & value proposition for the given solution, demonstrating a keen understanding of market conditions, competitive landscape and clients' business goals and pressures
· Demonstrate products, features and functions as a means to developing and progressing opportunities
· Ensure qualified opportunities are well developed for successful hand-off to a CE or Solution specialist for successful progression to closure.
· Maintain sales hygiene with accurate and timely population and use of Customer records database (ie. SFDC, SalesConnect) to support opportunity pipeline management including all aspects of lead development, progression and opportunity passing.
· Provide regular updates to management regarding opportunities, trends, and competitive challenges
· Relevant industry sales experience or equivalent experience required (Healthcare Informatics strongly preferred, IT, Software, Healthcare Content)
· Demonstrated success in inside sales and/or lead generation
· Understanding and demonstrated ability to utilize and leverage basic business tools such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, WebEx, SalesForce.com and the like required.
· Ability to leverage social media to gain access to prospective clients and meetings preferred.
· Strong interpersonal skills, ability to clearly communicate both via phone and in written format.
· Superb customer service and relationship building capabilities.
· Ability to travel on an as needed basis (up to 10%).
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
Digital Solution Sales Rep
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Experience within a high-volume call environment preferred.
· English: Fluent
· Demonstrable Competitive or New Account Sales skills
· Two or more years work history in sales, marketing, and/or account management.
· Healthcare Software, Content, and/or Analytic sales experience required.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· At least 1 year of experience in SaaS Sales
· Sales lead generation (direct/inside) with healthcare clients (e.g., Providers, Health Plans, Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical, Government Health agencies)
· Bachelor's degree preferred.
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
New Collar Role
Here are some other vacancies your might like
IBM est leader mondial au service de la technologie de l'information. Ses activités, toujours au service de l'innovation, gravitent autour du matériel informatique, des logiciels et des services informatiques. Fondé en 1911, cette multinationale américaine a son siège social général à New York, aux États-Unis. En France, c'est à Bois-Colombes que se situe le siège depuis 1914. IBM France est aussi présent dans toutes les plus grandes villes françaises (Paris, Lyon, Marseille, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Montpellier...) et compte plus de 11000 collaborateurs.
L'entreprise très dynamique et en constante recherche d'innovation recrute régulièrement de jeunes diplômés en stages, alternances, VIE, CDD ou CDI pour être acteur de ce mouvement. La société offre des postes de consultants, de chefs de projet, architectes d'application, ingénieurs systèmes, mais prend également en charge des métiers tels que les ingénieurs marketing ou responsables ressources humaines. Peu importe la carrière que vous souhaitez bâtir, IBM peut vous permettre de vous épanouir grâce à ses nombreuses opportunités à travers le monde.