Your Role and Responsibilities :
Within the IBM Client Innovation Centre currently we are looking for a new member into our Network-Voice team who will provide 3rd level engineering support for our customers.
Responsible for the complete VoIP environment
Provides 3rd level support for planning, implementing and operating VoIP systems
Acts as a point of contact for Service Managers in technical topics
Participating in VoIP projects
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The following list of activities identify the typical, primary tasks:
• Is responsible for all aspects of telephony provisioning globally: New service orders, MACDs, disconnects, RCF orders, DID provisioning, dial plan management.
• Is responsible for reviewing new sales orders and conducting client interviews to fill in missing technical details needed to complete delivery of ordered service.
• Drives both internal and external escalations as needed to achieve results, serving as a liaison for customer or carrier orders.
• Ensures timely and effective communication with customers, vendors and/or peer organizations for service delivery and the overall customer experience
• Able to organize, coordinate and manage large multi-site project installations.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: The major responsibilities of the IPT/Telephony Provisioning Analyst include:
• Previous experience in POTS, PRI, VOIP, SIP, and or data circuit provisioning required. Knowledge of telephony technologies, LNP practices and ability to read carrier records.
• Understanding of TDM and VoIP telephony architectures and infrastructures including associated equipment and functions.
• Understanding of North American Dial Plan and international dialing processes.
• Understanding of service provider circuit provisioning processes and potential issues.
• Obtain service records, invoices, and CSRs for client sites as required.
• Maintain telephony inventory in Service Now CMDB.
• Interface with client TEM provider to insure invoice payment and inventory accuracy.
• Daily communications with internal departments such as: Accounts Payable, Human Resources as well as other divisions of IT as required.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
L3 Support Engineer
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0386) IBM Data Storage Systems Information Technology LLC
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 3-5 year of experience operating any VoIP products (Cisco)
• Centralized monitoring, network performance reporting, network optimization, and
• Troubleshooting of enterprise IPT & UCaaS deployments.
• SIP routing design, trunking design and implementation.
• Cisco SBC SIP service design, implementation, and operations.
• Implementing security policies and procedures for IPT and video.
• Contact Center Applications, Unity Connection, Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE)
• Fidelus Operator Console.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• 7+ years network and voice engineering experience
• Experience in cisco (LAN/WAN) network technologies
• Former lead role in building Cisco Unified Communication projects
• Skype / Teams operation experience
• Different VoIP vendor experience (other than Cisco)
• Service Now experience
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.