Who we are
As IBM designers we're creative problem solvers who work together using the latest techniques to craft intuitive user experiences. We're a group of researchers, UX designers, and visual designers who enjoy getting to the root of our clients' business problems and collaborating with our development teams to build solutions.
Who you are
You're a talented UI/UX designer looking to join a cross-functional Agile team based in London. You have a growth mindset and often take initiative to improve something that you see isn't working well for your team. You're enthusiastic about design and looking to advance in your career by taking on new and complex UX challenges. You constructively contribute to design critiques and enjoy working as a team to improve the outcomes. Last but not least, you're able to articulately present your designs and speak to the value of their ingenuity. Sound like you? Keep reading.
Your role will be based in the IBM Studio, a buzzing, modern working environment which brings together best-in-class practitioners, technology and workspace. You will lead the design of a local project in addition to consulting on projects with other IBM development teams around the globe.
When considering your past experience, this is what we'll be looking for:
· A motivated and productive designer with a real passion for creative, user-centered outcomes.
· A portfolio of high quality UI/UX work shared as part of this application
· Deep understanding of UX practices and methodologies
· Strong visual design expertise
· Experience leading the design direction of a product or website
· Knowledge of Sketch, Invision, Photoshop, and Illustrator
· Experience applying branding concepts and methodologies
· Ability to design responsively & for mobile optimisation
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Minimum of a 2.1 in a relevant degree
These are the interpersonal skills that we believe will bring success in the role:
· Experience working and negotiating with team members and clients
· Collaboration skills
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Motivation to address the underlying problem and question any assumptions
· Planning, organisational, and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise own workload
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Business Design Consultant
State / Province
LONDON, CITY OF
Primary job category
(8660) IBM United Kingdom Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
As listed on Job description
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• Understanding of user testing techniques and best practices
• Knowledge of Design Thinking practices
• Experience working in cross-discipline agile teams
• Experience collaborating with colleagues who are overseas
• Background in building and executing upon communications plans
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
New Collar Role