At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Today IT is grappling with new challenges. Costly outages are causing enterprises massive economic and reputational damage. Huge increases in data are driving the need for a new way of working to get ahead.
Be part of the solution leveraging AIOps.
AIOps is the application of artificial intelligence (AI) to enhance IT operations.
Watson AIOps provides a holistic view of your entire application and IT environment by pulling together data across siloed IT stacks and tools so we can resolve complex IT issues.
We are looking for a Software automation engineer to join an AIOps Team involved in building a high performance cloud-native solution that gives operators a real-time topological view of their environment, and delivers actionable insight into the performance of services and their associated dynamic network and IT infrastructures, helping to prevent IT outages at scale.
Automate industry impacting AI solutions using open source and commercial technologies at scale.
- Work within an agile development team in a dynamic fashion having the ability to upskill when needed.
- Foster a high performing environment that enables teams to improve over time doing
things correctly, quickly and consistently.
- Proactively work with offering management, development, UX design and other development teams
across IBM to build value add software for our clients.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
· Experience with Linux/Unix environments, including development of BASH shell scripts
· Experience with automated testing of web-browser based applications using Test Automation Tools such as Cucumber and Selenium/Web driver
· Experience with manual testing of web-browser based applications
· Experience with determining appropriate test cases at several levels: integration tests, functional tests, exploratory tests, regression tests
· Experience of Agile software development participation
· Have proven ability to learn new skills quickly and use the skills efficiently
· Experience with a source control system such as GIT
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise:
· Experience with Docker/Podman, Kubernetes/Openshift Container Platform or an equivalent technology
· Experience using and developing test frameworks and automated test suites
· Experience using Jenkins, Ansible or a similar technology
· Proficient in Java
· ISTQB qualification
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
as per job description
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
as per job description