Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Solution Engineers are the first experience many customers have to the full value of IBM technologies. As an IBM Solution Engineer who focuses on the IBM Z Software portfolio, you will use your technical expertise, understanding of business processes and passion for delivering software solutions on the world's most reliable IT infrastructure to help your customers invest in, solution and build modern cloud native applications.
We are looking for individuals who can show and tell that Z is a Modern Business Platform using the new technologies available on Z today that are common in the marketplace that you have likely used in your IT experiences.
Our clients are seeking help to understand how they can create more streamlined development processes and toolchains, you will become an important influencer in this change enabling you to build skills to support your career options.
The IBM Z Technical Sales team is looking for a Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer focused on the growing IBM Z Software portfolio to join our UK-based team. This role is focused on driving adoption of our dev ops portfolio at our clients. You will partner closely with Sales and Technical leaders to match our portfolio with customer needs. Leveraging your technical expertise, you will assist clients by providing guidance on their application modernization strategy, framework, architecture and deployment methodology. IBM will rely on you for your excellent communication and people skills as you will be a crucial part of the overall experience our customers have with IBM.
Primary job responsibilities:
· Perform in-depth analysis of customer's business, IT application landscape and technical requirements to develop clear definition of the appropriate IBM solution.
· Present operational and value benefits through demonstrations, proofs of technology and proofs of concept.
· Develop and maintain skills in the latest Continuous Integration/Continuous Development pipelines including GIT, automated unit testing and cloud native development tools such as Visual Studio, Python, Go, Node-JS, etc
· Leverage Red Hat Open Shift strategy 'Build Once Deploy Everywhere'
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Presentation skills
· Confidence in front of technical audiences
· Experience with:
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Development pipelines including GIT
- Automated unit testing
- Cloud native development tools such as Visual Studio, Python, Go, Node-JS, etc
- Red Hat Open Shift
- Z hardware and software
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise