Who you are:
In the role of Development(L3) Support Engineer, you will be responsible for providing advanced technical troubleshooting skills to support complex and sensitive customer situations related to IBM Spectrum virtualize & FlashSystem family Software Defined Storage products.
What you will do:
You will work with the senior technical leaders and manager in effectively managing the technical design issue and product changes utilizing your deep technical skills and prior experience.
You need to use advanced troubleshooting skills to analyse problems and workout solutions to meet customer needs. You need to participate in highest level of technical discussions with product and customer facing teams to help resolve the problem.
While maintaining highest level of product skill , you will be helping world wide support teams to enhance product support quality by developing tools and utilities to simplify customer support experience.
How we'll help you grow:
• You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need, to become the expert you want to be.
• You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor.
• You will have the opportunity to work in many different areas to learn and deepen your skills further
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Hardware Development & Support
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 5 - 12 years of industry experience with storage domain and troubleshooting skills , scripting, debug, development and build tools.
· Proficient in Operating system and troubleshooting skills
· Storage and network virtualization skill
· Good understanding of Linux or Windows Storage IO stack
· Candidate must be a strong thinker, and enjoy solving very difficult problems across storage platforms in challenging situations
· Proficient in handling high profile issues, and therefore must be able to handle both pressure and complex situations.
· Good knowledge of S/W development process & tools
· Proven communication skills
· Proven problem-solving skills for complex issues with interdependencies across multiple systems
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Understanding of server virtualization(ESX, KVM)
· Cloud reference architecture, Kubernetes and Storage API for Cloud knowledge will be a value add.
· Knowledge of AWS/Azure/Google/IBM Cloud platform development and deployment concepts
Secondary Job Category
Other Hardware Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
As a Hardware Developer at IBM, you'll get to work on the systems that are driving the quantum revolution and the AI era. Join an elite team of engineering professionals who enable IBM customers to make better decisions quicker on the most trusted hardware platform in today's market.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
India Systems Development Lab (ISDL) is part of IBM Systems world-wide technology development lab. Established in 1996, the Lab is headquartered in India's Silicon Valley and startup hub - Bengaluru, with a Proven presence in Pune and Hyderabad. Developers at ISDL deliver technology innovations across the entire Systems portfolio - z Systems, Power / OpenPOWER Systems and Storage. The team here works across the entire stack from processor design, firmware, operating system to software defined storage. The lab also focuses on innovations, thanks to the creative energies of the teams. The lab has contributed over 400+ patents in cutting edge technologies and inventions so far.
While computing veers towards cognitive, cloud, mobile, social, and security, the lab has significantly contributed to not just new products focused in these areas, but has also ushered in new development models such as Agile, Design Thinking and DevOps.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.