Who you are:
We are looking for strong Software Developers and Technical Leads to join the IaaS File and Block Storage development team at IBM. The primary focus of this role will be the development, integration, and support of storage systems, using open-source storage technologies, the vendor-exposed APIs, and the internal development platform. In this role, you will be expected to take a primary part of the planning, design, development, testing, and deployment of software solutions and to provide the ongoing support for the File and Block products. In addition to primary software development, automated testing, unit test coverage, and some database design will be a part of the ongoing responsibilities in this role. Resilient, secure, and scalable development is mandatory in this role, as we are responsible for one of the core foundational products in the cloud environment.
If you are a motivated engineer who seeks responsibility, thrives when empowered, and understands the importance of personal accountability, then we would like to talk with you. As a member of the File and Block Storage development team, you have the opportunity to directly impact the continued success of the company. We strive to make IBM Cloud Infrastructure Storage a place where you want to be – a place where you are proud to work and where you are motivated to produce the best results possible.
What you'll do:
· As a Software Developer or a Technical Lead, you will be responsible for development in the cloud infrastructure storage area, implementing and consuming APIs in the cloud infrastructure environment.
· Responsible for designing and developing storage integrations to enable and support cloud platform business efforts.
· You will be required to produce code that is secure, scalable, and reliable, supported by unit tests, functional tests, and technical documentation.
· You will also be required to participate in code reviews for your peers' development work, triage and solve live customer issues, and participate in all scrum activities. Additionally, you will monitor, measure, and improve code and data performance for the application you help to develop. All of this will take place in a strong team environment, which necessitates strong communication.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 6-12yrs years of of delivering code for active Cloud services/projects.
· Strong programming experience in GoLang/C programming Development.
· Experience in Docker /Kubernetes programming.
· Experience with cloud computing technologies such as AWS, VMware, Azure, and/or SoftLayer
· Integration experience with enterprise tools and back office systems is a big plus
· Experience working on controllers.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· The candidate should be passionate about programming and developing new applications with a penchant for high code quality and to learn new industry best practices.
· The candidate should be passionate about developing highly performant, scalable and resilient cloud native applications.
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Cloud Computing is a one-stop shop which provides all the cloud solutions & cloud tools the industries need. IBM Cloud portfolio includes infrastructure as a service (IaaS), software as a service (SaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) offered through public, private and hybrid cloud delivery models, in addition to the components that make up those clouds.
IBM Cloud ensures seamless integration into public and private cloud environments. The infrastructure is secure, scalable, and flexible, providing customized enterprise solutions that have made IBM Cloud the Hybrid Cloud Market leader with our market leading IAAS and PAAS Platforms. The IBM Cloud platform is the public cloud offering from IBM providing services to global enterprises. IBM Cloud is the Cloud for Smarter Business, built on Open Technology with Developer Tools and supports solutions by Industry. We run the services and workloads from Watson, Blockchain, Services, Security, and IoT.
Ready to help drive IBM's success in the Cloud market? This is your chance to research and learn new Cloud related technology products and services, as well as to design and implement quick Cloud based prototypes while advancing your career in leading edge technology.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.