IBM's Global Business Services (GBS) is the world's largest consulting services organization. GBS provides clients with business transformation and industry expertise, and the ability to translate that expertise into integrated, responsive, innovative business solutions. GBS provides consulting services across multiple industries and covers the whole process chain from strategy consulting through to the construction, implementation and operation of technical and commercial solutions.
Our Cognitive Solutions Practice have an exciting opportunity for a Solution & Proposition Architect to join the team specialising in Blockchain technology.
The role will be part of a software team that works on business application of Blockchain technology – focusing on developing solutions for ‘first projects' and will involve a significant amount of client contact, such as running demos and supporting early client discussions.
The successful candidate will have professional experience of developing software solutions, and evidence that they have successfully coached and supported junior developers. They will have some knowledge of Blockchain capabilities and will gain a thorough understanding how to solution and develop Blockchain applications.
Responsibilities within this role include:
· Designing and developing applications for business systems Proof of Concepts - built using Blockchain technology
· Providing guidance and support to junior blockchain developers
· Support provision of requirements / specifications as required
· Support testing activities as required
· Support proposal & solution creation
· Harvesting assets and lessons learned for use in future solutions GBSUKI
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
LONDON, CITY OF
Primary job category
(8660) IBM United Kingdom Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 100% or 5 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· A keen interest in the opportunities presented by Distributed Ledger Technology
· BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject (or equivalent)
· Experience of Agile / Scrum development practices
· Knowledge of the complete software development lifecycle - through to testing and transition to live
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience of Golang (or C), Typescript, AngularJS, Java, Databases, Jenkins
· Understanding of the Hyperledger Fabric framework configuration and underlying architecture, and some understanding of alternative fabrics
· Experience/understanding of the purpose & practices behind Design Thinking
· Experience of DevOps & preferably continuous integration configuration
· Experience in a client facing role
Secondary Job Category
· English : Fluent
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire