As a Solution Designer , you will be in charge of designing the costing and pricing maintenance solution(s) on hardware (HW) and software (SW) for IBM and non-IBM products for specific customer maintenance proposals for international/global customers and/or including IBM logo product support and maintenance services are expected to be worked as well. The solutions are based on existing offerings developed by the multi-vendor services (MVS) Offering team.
Your main responsibilities as Solution Designer will be :
· Act as SME / technical focal points for cost and capabilities for SBOs with multi vendor products;
· Ensure costs are up to date in the corresponding repository;
· Advise bid managers during solution design phase;
· Support Sellers during solution design phase;
· Interface with Offerings Managers on capabilities;
· Interface with Delivery on capabilities;
· Interface with 3rd party vendors on capabilities. The day-to-day activities of a Solution Designer include extensive written and verbal communication and collaboration with other IBM functions such as Sales, Procurement, Delivery, Operations Organizations, Customer Fulfillment and Alliance OEMs
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Technical Solution Manager
State / Province
Primary job category
Services Solutions Management
(0023) IBM Bulgaria Ltd.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Minimum 1 year experience in technical support position (with methodology and processes component), ideally in a maintenance sales or delivery organization, or experience in a related organization like GTS Infrastructure Services (IS), Procurement or Quote to Cash (Q2C).
· Experience in orchestrating the development of solutions.
· Experience in negotiating with suppliers.
· Fluent English
· Apply strongly costing and pricing rules.
· Advanced MS Excel knowledge.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· European language on Intermediate level
· Professional knowledge related to incumbent's position,team and department .
· Requires ability to absorb professional knowledge quickly and develop technical skills
Secondary Job Category
Technical Solutions Management
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.