Your mission as a Software Technical Architect is to drive the client on the adoption of the IBM Hybrid Cloud Platform to win the battles for the Architecture Decision Points across A/NZ. You are an expert at integrating IBM's Hybrid Cloud software into solutions to solve client business challenges. You'll use architectural methods, including IBM design thinking and solution design methods to develop the client's transformational/innovation road map as well a clearly defined, opinionated solution architectures to address Client's immediate problems. You'll engage the client in "show not tell" interactions to demonstrate the value of IBM technology and solutions in the context of their industry situation and immediate business or technical challenge. When necessary, you'll thoughtfully engage the balance of the IBM technical community, including Garages and technical specialists to assure your client benefits from IBM's deep skills in key technical areas.
What else will I be doing day to day?
· Showing the client, the value of IBM technology through their hands on knowledge and experience with IBM hybrid cloud technologies
· Using an innovative mind set they define solutions to near term opportunities, as well as layout an innovation roadmap for future value-added investment
· Identifying Opportunities in one or more areas that include Architectural Control Points, where winning results in longer term client relationships
· Engaging with client C-suite to provide credible, trusted advice to client technical executives (CIOs, CTOs) and well as LOB owners, offering an opinionated POV that provides real business ROI
· Encouraging the wider deployment of IBM platform technologies through excellence in technical justification and client financial return
· Defining a clear path to break your client out of a constrained SO model and into the flexibility and growth that Hybrid Cloud solutions offer clients
· Accelerating deals by employing technical best practices and reuse of valuable assets
What skills and experience do I need to apply?
You will take a cross-portfolio, business problem-solution approach to achieve client objectives. You will also work closely with the Dealmakers and Software Sales leaders to tailor proposals to client's specific business needs and to beat the competition in support of the Software revenue goals. As such, you will have access and influence of key customer decision-makers. Accordingly, your technical direction and input to IBM's sales teams and senior sales leaders will be key to defining and executing IBM's sales and technical sales strategies for the target accounts.
Other skills and experience
· At least 2 years Software Solution Design experience
· 2 years Software Technical pre-sales experience
· Prior experience of Technical Leadership
· Knowledge of at least two IBM Software Products
· Experience of business and Problem-solving in a complex environment
· Demonstrated proposal and Tender Response writing IBMReferred_AsiaPacific
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Client Technical Architect
State / Province
AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY
Primary job category
(0008) IBM Australia Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Technical Sales Architect
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Referral Promo Code
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.