At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We have a specific requirement for a Software Architect, this is a new and exciting role to be part of a wider team across Europe working with potential clients to help them understand what business benefit IBM can bring to their business. An opportunity to be making a real difference to both IBM and the client.
Your key roles and responsibilities include;
· Meet with customer to discuss their Networking and Software strategy and define a scope of activities that the IBM team can deliver that addresses the customer challenges, acting as the IBM transformation focal point.
· Development of high-performing solutions that deliver business value to the client, utilizing design methodologies, repeatable approaches, and best practices.
· Maintain deep technical skills and engineering capabilities for key Networking Systems and Open Source products including Red Hat OpenShift, Apache Kafka, PostgeSQL, Apache Hadoop, MongoDB and SUSE Rancher, plus many other popular packages.
· Research and stay current with changes in Networking and Open Source ecosystem, evangelize IBM Network Capabilities, present to both internal and external audiences.
· Assist with RFP/RFI's when assistance from the IBM Sales team requested.
· Participate in Network and SW delivery projects.
· Create knowledge via articles, blogs and remote training.
· Be an active contributor in open source communities.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Proven experience as a client-facing technical network and software consultant designing technical software solutions against client requirements.
· Ability to lead workshops, presentations, and other events for clients, articulating complex technical solutions.
· Technical working knowledge of core Network principles and SW Open Source products.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English Language.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
· Skills to develop network and software solutions using cloud native technologies utilising languages such as Python, Java or Golang via DevOps best practises.
· Previous engineering in network infrastructure and migration to Open Source Solutions.
· An understand of architecture frameworks such as Open Group TOGAF or Zachman and approaches such as Design Thinking.
· Existing contributions to a Networking or Open Source community or a desire to do so.
· Building network and cloud native solutions. Leadership or mentoring experience.
· Red Hat and/or SUSE certificates eg RH Openshift, SUSE Rancher etc.