In this role you have a deeply rooted passion for building high quality software. You are someone who loves hard work and having fun at the same time. You are creative, innovative, and work well independently and as a team player while providing help to define, build, operate and maintain the foundation. As a Software Engineer, you will bring your A game. You will add to this already highly talented team and bring a new perspective. You will challenge our paradigms and blow us away with great new ideas.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Write high quality, scalable, readable and testable code
· Review pull requests and provide constructive feedback on changes by anyone on the team
· Collaborate closely with members of other teams to ensure good integration of all systems
· Identify, triage and resolve defects and alerts that impact our SaaS offering
· Become closely familiar with the deployment process and promote code as needed
· Keep current with industry trends and share new ideas with the team regularly
· Self-starter, team player, quick learner
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Excellent problem solver
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
In this role you will be required to have 2-5 years experience of the following:
· Experience in commercial software development with demonstrated achievements and progressive responsibilities.
· Agile Development methodologies.
· Node or other server-side platforms.
· DevOps tools, techniques and concepts.
· Solid foundation with Cloud technologies.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Eight plus years of experience in commercial software development with demonstrated achievements and progressive responsibilities
· Five plus years of experience with DevOps tools, techniques and concepts
· Demonstrated understanding of networking protocols and principles
· Solid Experience with cloud infrastructure and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible
· Experience with logging and monitoring technologies such as ELK, Grafana and Nagios
· Experience with IBM Cloud services is a plus
· Knowledge of secure software engineering and best practices
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.