Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The job responsibilities include troubleshooting and solving, complex, technical issues for the Builds and Release Engineering team, as part of projects that involve enterprise customers using technical knowledge, product knowledge, problem-solving skills and exceptional written and verbal communication skills in an English-speaking environment. Our client list includes top technological and financial companies, as well as government agencies from all over the world. The engineer will drive customer satisfaction aiming to avoid critical situations.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Work with development teams in agile methodologies and provide a backbone to product builds and releases as part of the Release Engineering Team
· Acquire and maintain knowledge of relevant product offerings, current support policies, and methods of support delivery, in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users
· Work with other IBM development teams to analyse and help solve technical issues as needed.
· Integrate tooling solutions and frameworks in the build pipeline that involves 250+ Physical CPUs and 2+ TB of RAM, and monitor performance and benchmarking parameters
· Assist other support engineers in support of complex issues when required
· Contribute to the development of a technical knowledge base
· Work as an active team member providing ongoing feedback and suggestions for improvement.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 3-7 years of relevant industry experience, with a total of 8-10 years of Experience
· Expertise on Core Java, and OOPS/OOAD, with familiarity in Ant, makefile, Maven & XML
· Exposure to Linux APIs and Linux as a Development environment
· Working Knowledge of Ansible/Docker/Jenkins/Travis/Kubernetes, and decomposing legacy stacks into microservices based on Java/JS based technologies
· Familiarity with DevOps Tooling integration, and, migrating/maintaining legacy frameworks
· Skills to diagnose and troubleshoot systems and related network issues
· Understanding of the software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to understand and clearly document complex multi-faceted technical issues
· Technical or scientific academic background, with exposure to roles that involve Technical Support
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
· Experience in OOAD using Java, Python
· Knowledge of OSLC
· Experience with maintaining build scripts for Java programs/Python scripts, and migration experience.
· Experience in Cluster administration would be a good to have skill for the ideal candidate